Author's Note

This was one of my favorite "Brooklyn's Red Carpet" episodes as it has some connections to Chad & Jeremy's actual experiences.

I should start with the fact that the trio of rats, as seen on the cover, came from one of my favorite childhood shows "The Wonder Pets". 

In the episode of "The Wonder Pets" (called "Save the Rat Pack"), the pets go to Vegas and help the three rats dance without falling down in time for their show. 

What I didn't know when I first watched the show, was that Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis Jr and Dean Martin actually called themselves the Rat Pack when they performed together.

And they had brief interactions with Chad & Jeremy during their careers.

The boys were friends with another band, and one of the members said "Uncle Frank would like to meet you". He took them upstairs and there was Frank Sinatra waiting to meet Chad & Jeremy. 

And if I remember correctly, Jeremy met Ol' Blue Eyes more times than Chad did

Dean Martin's interaction with the boys was actually pretty neat. He let Chad & Jeremy live with him during their first US visit. He wrote them a note years later on one of their album revisions saying he thought they were really nice kids and knew they had a promising future.  

Chad also sang Dean's hit "Houston" on an episode of "Hullabaloo".

Dean also accused them of stealing his tennis shoes. Jeremy actually wrote a note on the same album revision that ended with "PS: Dean, we didn't take your tennis shoes".

Sammy Davis, as far as we know, didn't actually meet Chad & Jeremy in person, but he did appear on separate episodes of "The Patty Duke Show" and "Batman". So at least they have a similar share of television appearances. 

Let me know in the comments what you're favorite part of this episode ones and I'll see y'all in the next one!

Cheerio!

Peace and love,

Sammy