Lysabel

CW: Loss of family members

Lysabel really didn't want today to happen. It was her sister's birthday, her 25th birthday. It would mean that her big sister would be heading off to join the army fighting the watchers in battle. Lysabel knew it would be dangerous, even a powerful admin like Surrnina would struggle against magic like the watchers. She didn't want anyone to have the blasted war that seemed to be going on and on. In history class they talked about it over and over again, learning the different names of generals in the war and what they did, but the one thing they never talked about was why there was a war. Why did they still fight, why did they even start fighting in the first place, why didn't they just try and talk it out? If she could she would teleport the leaders of both sides into a room together and wouldn't let them out. She doubted it would do anything, she didn't think they would ever work together even if it was a life-or-death situation.

She had to say goodbye to her sister quickly, they wanted to get her to one of their base camps as soon as they could so that way she could train to be in the battle sooner. "Do you really have to go?" Lysabel asked her older sister, holding her tight.

"It'll be fine, Lys. I'll send you letters all the time, and maybe you'll be in my camp when you have to join," Surrnina said, holding her little sister close.

"Nina, I'm going to miss you so much," Lysabel said, still not letting go.

"I'll miss you too Lys, but just think after we're done we can have our own server together. Invite whoever we please," Surrnina said, squeezing Lysabel tight before letting go.

She gave their parents a hug before she went over to where one of the admins in charge of transporting new soldiers was standing, "Goodbye, love you guys," she said before red light engulfed the two of them.

- - - - - -

It had been a few years since Lysabel's older sister left for her time in the fight, and it was around one year until it was time for her to leave and join the fight, even if she wished she had any other option. After she had finished high school she went to a place which trained her in her sword skills, helping her train against others. There were also classes about using commands during the midst of an attack, it was a lot of work but it helped Lysabel be strong, and she needed to be strong to be able to get through her ten years of fighting so she could make the server that she and her sister dreamed of. It's what she spent her free time doing, making plans for how the server would function, and how they would build it up together. She and Nina wanted it to be a place where everyone would be able to go to escape the continuous war that was happening.

She had also been practising viewing auras and how they worked. She knew her level of ability was rare, people were able to see some auras, such as some that come with permadeath, and some could sense auras as well, such as knowing if someone carried the right gene to be an admin or if someone was a large enough threat. Lysabel's abilities let her see all auras, she saw the colours and how they moved, and she could feel them even when no one else could, it was a strong ability to have, but she also kept it secret. She never told her parents about it, only her sister, she had been toying with the idea of telling whoever was in charge of her unit though, she wanted her ability to be as powerful as possible and could use training on it, but she still wasn't sure if she wanted anyone to know about it.

She was adding more plans to the journal, plans for the layout of her server, that she bought just for that reason when she heard a scream come from the living room. She threw the book down and pulled her sword out, not sure what was happening in the living room. She ran out quickly but also carefully, when she came around the corner, she saw her mother on her knees and her father hugging her. Both of them had tears streaming down their faces, her mother was holding a crumpled-up letter in her hand, holding it close to her chest. Lysabel dropped her sword and came over to them, "What's wrong?" she asked.
Both her parents didn't say a word, instead, her mother handed her the letter she was holding in her hand and it read: