Tory

CW: Slavery, torture and trauma

Tory didn't know what it was like to have fun for the longest of times. She didn't have anyone who cared for her growing up. She couldn't remember her parents, sometimes she thought she never even had any. The two people who cared for her, if you could even call it caring for her, demanded that she call them Madam and Sir. They were both watchers as well, both wanting the world to be one where admins catered to their every need, so that is what they made Tory do. It was all she had known as she grew up, she cooked and cleaned, and did whatever was asked of her for fear of being on the end of a nasty fireball. They insisted that only galactic was spoken in their household, even though she learnt galactic first she found she had a preference for speaking the language of the players. She had learned the hard way that she shouldn't speak the language of the players around Madam and Sir, she had the burns on her back to show for it.

- - - - - -

She was around seven at the time and she had been having lessons from the other admins. She had picked up on the language of the players pretty fast and she had been proud because of it, being able to speak two languages at her age was an achievement. It was one cold evening when Tory was bringing some tea to Madam and Sir that she had made the slip-up. After she had given the tea to them she bowed and said, "Madam. Sir,"

She could feel the air turn cold, it took her a few moments for her to realise just what she had done and she froze. She could feel the anger coming off of them. "∴⍑ᔑℸ ̣ ↸╎↸ ||𝙹⚍ ⋮⚍ᓭℸ ̣ ᓭᔑ||" Sir said.

"ᒲᔑ↸ᔑᒲ. ᓭ╎∷," Tory said, trying not to cry as she guessed what was coming.

She saw it, as purple flames appeared in the watchers' hands and she felt it as it was sent towards her. She could feel the fire burn across all the skin she was showing. The fire was one that didn't leave any scars, Madam and Sir didn't like scars, but instead of having scars the fire hurt more. "ᓭ!¡ᒷᔑꖌ ╎リ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ ᓵ𝙹ᒲᒲ𝙹リ ℸ ̣ 𝙹リ⊣⚍ᒷ ᔑ⊣ᔑ╎リ ᔑリ↸ ||𝙹⚍ ∴𝙹リ'ℸ ̣ ᓭ!¡ᒷᔑꖌ ᔑ⊣ᔑ╎リ," Madam said as the fire started to disappear, "⊣𝙹 ᔑ↸ᒲ╎リ,"

- - - - - -

Tory wasn't given the chance to go to an academy, she knew that they existed thanks to the other admins who were employed there. Most of them had attended but they were also taken away by Madam and Sir, many had said they were going to the academies that were against the Main World. According to them, there was a council that led and cared for everyone who was taking down the corrupt academies that were out there. It was during one of those battles at the corrupt academies they were taken away to care for Madam and Sir, in the action they were knocked out with magic and ended up there. The admins did teach her in secret about everything they had learned, she found she had a natural affinity for admin talents. She always made sure to check that nobody was nearby when she used them, Madam and Sir would not let her last as they would think she was trying to rise up against them. She wouldn't want to rise up, she just wanted to get out, but the magical barrier they set up stopped that from happening. It only stopped teleportation commands, it was why she knew the other admins hadn't left yet.

- - - - - -

She was a young adult when a crash sounded from outside, she was scared and didn't know what to do. She tried to find the other admins but she had no idea where they were. She was scared, she didn't know what to think as she heard more bangs and screams from outside. What she wasn't expecting was for the magical barrier to snap. She looked around more to see if she could find the others and she ended up making her way outside, there were many admins and watchers attacking but Madam and Sir were holding their own against them. She knew they were powerful but she also didn't know who these attackers were and why they were there. She then saw a masked watcher appear, and with a flick of their hand, Madam and Sir disappeared. Not like when someone teleports but they disappear. She didn't know what they would do to her so she typed in what she thought was the teleportation command, she knew that in the centre of the Main World there was a city so she tried teleporting where she assumed it would be. The red light surrounded her and now she was in a place where buildings stood tall behind her.