chapter seven

Sophia's POV

We just got home and I tried to close my mind off, but I couldn't stop thinking about Xander and his knuckles.

I mean the guy stared at me, then Xander left, and he came back hurt. If I didn't know better I would say Xander did something to that man for me, but of course he doesn't care about me so why would he ever do something like that? 

Anyways my bags were taken upstairs by some men in all black and I followed them awkwardly. After they left my room I put all my clothes and other stuff up.

I was about to lay on my bed and watch something but a knock on my door interrupted me. "Come in" I answered quietly.

Sawyer walked in and smiled at me. "Wanna do something in bored?"

"Sure" I replied.

He got on my bed and found the remote handing it to me.

"Put something on."

I nodded and put on cars. I haven't really ever watched movies and the cover thing looked cool.

Sawyer grinned and looked at me. "You like cars?"

"Never watched it." I said and watched as his face turned from joy to pure horror.

"How have you never watched cars?"

I shrugged and continued watching the movie.

"Werido"

I gasped and turned to him with a shocked expression on my face, he just looked at me with a grin.

I huffed and continued watching the movie.

I wanted to ask Sawyer about Xander's knuckles, but I didn't know how.

I maybe be a lot more comfortable with him than anyone else, but that doesn't mean I'm not still scared of him.

I looked up at him, seeing him already staring at me with his eyebrows furrowed. 

"I can practically see the wheels on your head turning, what are you thinking about?" He asked pausing the movie, so his full attention was on me.

"It's just-" I really didn't know how to ask him about our brothers, I mean they've been acting weird since I got here. 

Obviously today something happened to Xander when he disappeared, they must have millions of dollars to pay for the house, the workers, and everything that comes with that, but also the night she had the nightmare they barged in with guns, that was the weirdest thing. 

"Have you noticed anything off about our brothers? 

He looked even more confused now, but then something must've clicked in his mind. 

"You're talking about Xander's knuckles, aren't you?"

Her eyes widened at how fast he understood exactly what she was thinking, her twin grinned at her face. 

"I wouldn't think too much about it, sure they act weird sometimes but they just own a very successful business, and for Xander, I wouldn't worry much about that either, Xander has always had a hard time dealing with his anger, him getting in fights is not out of the ordinary."

I nodded and sunk back into her bed, if Sawyer thought everything was okay it had to be, right?

Sawyer started playing the movie again and Sophia cuddled up to him accidentally. Her eyes widened and she didn't move out of fear of being punished, but he didn't do anything, he actually held her closer and rubbed her back. 

Weird. 

After an hour past of watching the movie I was still very confused on what Sawyer liked so much about it, it was a big let down for me. 

"I don't get why you like this movie so much, it's kind of boring." I said looking up at him. 

Sawyer looked down at me with his mouth hanging open, hoping he didn't hear what he thought he did. 

"Why you little-" Sawyer grabbed onto Sophia and for a second she thought that was it, she'd finally pushed his limits, but instead Sawyer stared tickling her, causing the girl to burst out in laughter. 

This continued for a few minutes, Sophia begging him to stop, which he never did, when he randomly stopped after he lifted her shirt a little to tickle her more, when it revealed something truly unsettling. 

"What the hell is that?"

———————

Sorry guys this is kind of a short one, but I'm trying to work more on this book.

Thanks for reading! 

Please vote and comment!

Word count-694