Set fire to your thoughts, bury them deep within your head.

Ax had been warned to stop going on quests.

He couldn't care less if a group of dumb adventures went missing, it wasn't their duty to care.

And it's not like he took quests from random people, unlike most adventures, no matter, hardly anyone around here was brave enough to go on quests.

He looked into those missing people, but it had nothing to do with what he was searching for.

So, he didn't care.

They were getting sick of hearing "Oh haven't you heard about those poor adventurers" and "Aren't you thinking of your own safety?!"

He was thinking of himself.

And not just himself but others.

And he wasn't going to stop because some idiots got themselves killed. With all due respect they hadn't actually been deemed as dead just yet, it wouldn't take long for that to happen.

Ax sighed and walked through the forest; he'd planned to meet with someone. They weren't sure if the person would actually show up but he would take anything honestly.

He leans against a tree and sighs, pulling out a cigarette and lighting it.

"God how much longer can that douche bag take?" he mumbles to himself before jumping slightly at a loud thud, someone fell from the tree.

Not who he was meant to meet with, no.

But he did recognize this person.

"Elnoa?!" he blurts out in shock it's not every day you see a half-elf fall from a tree.

Especially someone who's passed out. Ax had known Elnoa for a while, so he knew she often fainted.

So why the fuck did she climb a tree?

Ax knelt down and made sure she was breathing and was physically alright. This meeting would have to be postponed, he needed to get Elnoa somewhere safe.

So, since he wasn't too far away from Devreka, he carried her to the inn.

Putting his search on hold was annoying but if Ridith found out about this they'd be dead.