Father and Son.

Ridith met Ax when the kid was 15.

The meeting wasn't the best, the changeling freaked out and tried to fight him.

They were hiding in the woods, apparently searching for "clues" as they put it. The detective type that oh so reminded him of Sho.

Just younger and scared, and far more threatening.

Asking where the teen was staying led them back to Devreka. Ridith deposited the changeling back "home" before heading back to Enanathond.

But the changeling kept coming back, Ridith learned who this teen was "Ax" they'd said. Learned the teens' age, and it pulled at Ridith's, cold barred heart.

The more they came back the more Ridith learned of Ax.

Things that a child shouldn't have to go through, things not even an adult could mentally deal with.

the teen stood strong, yet the world wasn't kind.

And if the world wouldn't be kind, then Ridith would be, Ax had a home in his, where he needn't watch Zardos' daughter and could try to be a normal kid.

And now Ax is 19.

And they have friends, ones Ridith likes. They seem to care about him and he cares about them, it's nice to see Ax happy.

Ridith could tell they care deeply for their new friends, he could also tell Ax's attachment to Kin, a teifling, and someone Ax would kill for.

But Ridith was happy to listen to Ax, he's proud of the man Ax grew to be – if a bit secretive and quiet. He's proud of the kid as if the changeling is his son.

"so Kin held a gun to a duck, apparently the little guy was suspicious?!" Ax speaks so fondly of that memory as if it were just another day, and it probably is to Ax.

Ridith only nods in response, snorting a little at the thought of a duckling being a threat.

"oh, and fae held k at gunpoint, 'parntley he was suspicious- which yes he is – and tied his hands together with rope- wait did I tell you Kin is good with ropes? I couldn't undo the knot so fae had to do it for me, a show-off if I've ever seen one, but a fucking good one." Ax speaks energetically, and the last time Ridith heard Ax like this he was speaking about his beloved daggers.

Oh, that boy was falling, and he was falling hard.

Ridith couldn't help but worry a little, relationships are built on trust, trust that is gained by learning about one another.

Ax never divulged information about himself, Ridith is lucky to know what he does.

But what exactly does kin know about Ax? What had Ax told and What had k spilled?

Ridith wasn't one to shy away from the fact he never liked "k", Ax was secretive but at least he never hid his name.

At least Ax never hid what he was.

K.

Ridith doesn't like the cowardness of k.

He completely understands Kin's distaste for the little fuck.

And kin, kin seems like a nice person.

Someone Ax could rely on.

It makes Ridith smile.

And Ax is smiling too.

Ax found someone to make him smile, and Ridith was so damned proud of his son.