Chapter 18

“Come here, Caise,” Rikert said soothingly.

It was Friday and we had just had sex for the second time in his bed. Now that we were together, I hoped that meant I would get to have more times like these. Times where Rikert would fuck me beautifully and tell me pleasant things. Tell me how good I was. Because he seemed to really care for me and it was like the missing piece in my life. Nobody had ever made me feel as important as he did. Most people just left me be and didn’t pay much attention.

It was like he understood me. He knew what to say. He knew what to do. Rikert knew what I needed from him. It was more than I could have ever imagined because I’d never had anyone be like him. I didn’t even connect with Eryn on the same level that I did with Rikert.

Rikert was laying next to me in bed, flat on his back. I was still panting, having only just finished mere moments before he had instructed me to move closer. I sucked in a deep breath and dragged myself over to Rikert, body spent and exhausted.

I curled my naked form around his side. He draped an arm around me and trailed his fingers lightly across my skin. I preened at his attentiveness, basking in how much he had focused on me today.

“How was that?” Rikert asked tiredly.

I smiled with my eyes closed, clutching at his body. “Perfect,” I said. Because that was exactly what it was.

“What do you say?” he prompted.

I licked my lip nervously. I wasn’t quite sure what he wanted. “Thank you,” I muttered, taking a guess as to what I was supposed to say. My cheeks flushed at my own words and I felt shy.

Satisfied with my response, Rikert tightened his arms around me in a lengthy hug. I relished in the fact that I’d said the right thing. After a while he warmly kissed me on my lips. Soon after he initiated a controlled, slow kissing session. I held on tightly to him as best as I could while he governed our actions and movements.

When Rikert was done with the kissing he made a sound of approval in the back of his throat. He sighed happily as he pulled away again. I cuddled close to his body. Everything felt so right to be with him like this. I could stay here forever.

“Talk to me,” Rikert said after a few brief moments of silence.

I furrowed a brow, eyes closed. “About what?”

“Tell me about your family,” he suggested.

“Uhm,” I said, trying to think. “You already know I have two dads.”

“Names?”

“Oliver and Connor. My brother Bradley and I call Oliver dad and Connor apa.”

Rikert rubbed my arm. “What’s apa?”

I shrugged. “Just Hungarian for dad. It’s something I started a long time ago.”

“What’s Bradley like?” he asked.

“A pain. He’s spoiled and doesn’t realize it,” I said.

“You love him?”

“Of course,” I said. “He just doesn’t understand how much I do for him. I’m always there to pick up the pieces when he gets in trouble or has girl problems. I purposely mess up sometimes just so my parents will focus on my bad qualities and not his. He just doesn’t see that. So he gets mad when I intervene during a fight. I’d rather get suspended than him--rather be the one getting hit and made fun of because of our family instead of letting him go through it.”

“You’re a really good person, baby,” Rikert said. He ran his hand through my hair lazily. “People don’t really appreciate it, but I do. I know others make fun of you because you talk weird and your clothes are strange.” I frowned. I didn’t know people thought about that so much. “I don’t mind it, though.”