12.

As days go by, M/n's disease starts to dissipate slowly by slowly until he felt better, his temperature dropped to normal, any infections had been rid of, and so, he felt much better now. But he wondered, where's Kazuto?

But he also thinks that.. 'why do I think of him?'

Was he in love or falling for now? Or maybe it's just delusions, for what others can say. And soon, he sees a tiny little note;

"Dear M/n.

It's me, Kazuto. A creepy stalker who decided to make your life hell for no absolutely valid reason, I don't know why but I feel myself so.. drawn to you. But alas, what people say is that if you really love someone, you have to let them go. So here we are, of course, if you'd like, ring me up and we can become friends. I'm really, really sorry for being a jerk. Really. I've confessed to your parents and they absolutely hate me for it, I told them I brought you in the hospital due to the disease, I've paid for your health insurance and paid all the bills for you. I'm really sorry, really. I don't know how I can make it up but I'm not afraid to try.. only if you'd let me though, so now and then, thank you, M/n for keeping me so damn happy these past times, thank you.

— sincerely, Kazuto.

M/n was confused, what's this letter about? Apologies? He connects the puzzle, and remembers..

The way he sneaked attack on Kami, kidnapping him and.. so on.. but he hadn't brought danger yet nor harm to him, but.. it still.. feels.. off, like uncanny valley.

It's.. innocent yet guilty, that's how Kami can explain it.

With that, the choice falls in his hands;

"End of an Era."
(Never contact nor forgive Kazuto.)

Or

"Reconnect and Rebirth."
(Start fresh, rebirth into something new and make living decent with Kazuto.)

End.

Creator's notes;

I AM ABSOLUTELY SHOCKED THIS REACHED 80K WHAHJWJWJAWHAT?!?! I THOUGHT I WAS GONNA REACH ONLY 100 OR 20 AND ITS DONE BUT WHAAA?!?! I KEEP DROPPING THIS BOOK FOR SOME REASON DUE TO ACADEMIC STUFF BUT ITS A PROMISE I WILL CONTINUE, NO SCHEDULE YET I PROMISE I WILL 😭😭