Chapter Twenty: The Confusion

** Jamie's POV **

That night was chaos. I'd never seen or felt anything like it. I barely stayed with Evan two minutes before I followed Gracie outside, but I was too late. They were gone. I found Derek on the ground outside the kitchen, choking on his own blood and left him with Conner to follow Gracie's tracks. Finn found me soon after on the beach, shifted and howling, completely out of control. We turned every stone on the island but they were long gone. My father refused to let me go straight to Cain's compound. Sable was going insane in my mind, so full of anger I thought it might tear me in two. But my dad was right; we'd be walking right into a trap.

Evan was... Unhinged. To have had his mate for mere minutes before she was ripped away from him was unspeakable. He couldn't shift back from his wolf form. He was practically foaming at the mouth, attacking anything and everything. He tore my office to shreds. He attacked me twice, Conner caught him before he even scratched me but he took a nasty bite to the shoulder. Dr Beckett had to come and sedate him, and room Conner with him to get treated.

So I found myself on the worst night of my life without my mate, my sister, either of my guards or my Beta. Just my dad, Osian and Finn stood staring at me in my office, shredded books scattered across the floor and not a single piece of furniture intact.

"Okay, son," my dad said after Dr Beckett and taken the others upstairs. "What are you going to do?"

I took a long, shaky deep breath and studied myself on the window sill, looking up to the moon as I let Sable share his strength with me. I straightened up, my mind rushed with sharpness as I let Sable guide me into into Alpha mode.

"I need the other Alpha's, get me Xavier, Beckett and the elders and have them meet us in my suite," I ordered, calmly picking my way over the rubble of my office. "Get everyone else back to the Great hall, nobody leaves that room until further notice, get beds set up, put every warrior on duty and set up round the clock shore patrols. We are on full lockdown until further notice, nobody steps foot on or off this island without my knowledge, and somebody find me Sarah right now."

All three bowed their heads as I stormed past them upstairs. I knew I had just a few moments before everyone met me there so I hurriedlu changed, ripping off my tight suit and swapping it out for sweat pants and my favourite hoodie. Gracie had been wearing it to train in for weeks and it smelled of her, the sea and bonfires. I breathed her in deeply, gathering all the strength I needed.

Osian got there with the Alpha's first. He, Alpha Charlie from Cotleigh, Alpha Zayn from London and Alpha Lorcan from Ballyronan were sat around my dining table, awaiting instructions while Ashleigh paced the length of the room.

"I didn't call for you," I said sharply.

She spun to face me, fury in her eyes.

"Yeah, well, you need a third in command right now, and I'm not going anywhere or doing anything that doesn't concern getting Gracie back unless your order me otherwise," she almost snarled, her hands on her hips. "Are you ordering me otherwise, Alpha?"

I sighed. "No."

She nodded and took a seat at the table next to Osian as my father came back with Xavier and Dr Beckett. They sat at the breakfast bar and Beckett cleared his throat awkwardly.

"Beta Evan is... Resting, and Conner will heal from his injuries, I expect him to make a full recovery," he offered.

"Derek?" I asked, almost not wanting the answer.

"It's not good," he muttered in response. "I should get back to him."

I nodded and dismissed him.

"My warriors are on their way," Osian said darkly. "The Rhosilli pack and the Three Cliffs Coven will fight for your Luna as we would our own."