Chapter Twenty Seven - The End

I stood in the dining room, in a short, simple white dress with sleeves that covered the ugly marks all over my arms. Ashleigh busied herself fluffing my hair, rearranging the simple bouquet of daisies on the table, with tears in her eyes.

"You ready?" She asked, and I smiled at her.

"I was born ready," I said confidently and she giggled.

"When you arrived a few months ago I don't think you'd have felt like that," she teased and I took her hand in mine.

"You're my pack, you taught me what I was born for," I said softly and tears sprung to her eyes again. A throat being cleared at the door from the hallway pulled us out of our moment and I looked up to see Jamie's father James, Xavier and Dr Beckett walking in, looking handsome in their suits

"Sorry to interrupt, Luna," Xavier said, bowing his head. Beckett followed and James just grinned.

"Gracie, you look absolutely beautiful," he said, crossing the room to sweep me into a fatherly hug.

"Thank you," I said. "What's up you guys?"

They all shuffled their feet nervously, which made me giggle.

"We know nobody could ever replace your father," Xavier began awkwardly and I quirked an eyebrow.

"And having a daughter myself," James added, looking out to the deck where Meredith stood with Evan, Finn and Derek waiting for me. "I know how immensely proud he would be."

"In our community, when a wolf loses her father before she gets married , it's customary for someone to step into that role the best they can," Beckett explained.

"Oh!" Ashleigh cried suddenly, her hands flying to cover her mouth as her tears intensified.

"As your father-in-law to be, nothing would bring me greater pride," James said.

"As your father on all official human paperwork, if would be an honour," Beckett added.

"And as your trainer, guide and friend, I would love nothing more," Xavier said, taking my hand in his.

I felt tears prick at my eyes as I looked over them. They were all father figures to me, but they were right. Nobody could replace my dad, I'd missed him every day since I'd gotten my memories back.

"Thank you all so much," I whispered. "I love you all deeply, more than I could express. But in the human world it's more customary to have a brother give you away if your father is unable to."

I looked at the deck, where the boys had gathered around the sliding door to watch the moment. Evan had his arm tightly wrapped around Meredith's waist. Finn's gaze was flirting between the men stood before me and Ashleigh, who looked beautiful even in floods of happy tears. Derek stood behind them, leaning on his walking stick for support, beaming at me.

"What do you say, Derek?" I said softly, and he stepped forwards. "Escort me on one last walk?"

"It would be the greatest honour of my life," he said firmly, and reached his hand out to me.

I was wrapped in warm, reassuring hugs from everyone as they made their way outside, past the deck and took their seats alongside a short aisle. It was just our immediate family, closest friends and the Alphas from the other packs. The whole pack, Jamie had assured me, would be at the Luna initiation ceremony at the start of next year, but this ceremony was simple and private. And perfect.

"Ready to start the rest of your life?" Derek asked, giving me his arm to hold as we stepped through the sliding doors and Meredith began to play a simple, beautiful tune on the piano.

"Let's do this," I said, and he led me down the deck, his walking stick clicking along with the music, down onto the grass where Jamie was waiting, his back to us.

"Who gives this woman away?" The pack pastor asked and Derek beamed proudly.

"I do," he said confidently. "Her brother."

Jamie pulled him into a tight hug. "Thank you for being everything she needed from you." He whispered, so quietly even the other wolves couldn't have heard him. Derek bowed deeply and backed away, taking a seat. Jamie finally turned to me, taking my hands in his and smiled, tears in his eyes.

The ceremony was short and beautiful.

"I vow to always protect you, to love you, to respect you and to lead our pack with you as equals," Jamie said, still fighting back the tears.

"I vow to honour you as my Alpha, my husband, to love you until my dying breath and to lead our pack at your side," I replied, smiling out at his family, my family.

"You may now kiss your bride," the pastor said and everyone erupted into cheers as Jamie gently dipped me backwards, his arm at my waist for support and kissed me deeply.

~

We lay in bed later that night, sweaty and gasping for breath. One of his arms was tight around my waist, pulling me impossibly closer, the other around my shoulder, his fingers gently tracing the new mark on my neck, sending shivers down my spine.

"Mine," he whispered.

"Yours," I whispered back, tilting my head back to kiss him. I shuddered as an alien sensation washed over me, like someone was creeping up on me.

Welcome to the pack, Luna A familiar voice suddenly raced through my mind. I gasped and buried my face in Jamie's chest, feeling my cheeks burn.

Derek! That sounded like Finn.

Goddess that's so inappropriate Evan chastised

You couldn't give them a minute of privacy!? Ashleigh yelled, her anger sending a wave of panic through me.

What? I'm just excited - ow - Conner!

You don't think maybe the Alpha would have liked to introduce the Luna to the mind-link gently? Conner asked angrily

Or, you know, maybe that she might need a minute to process that the whole pack knows she had sex with my brother?

Meredith! Evan seethed.

"Oh Goddess," I groaned, cringing into Jamie further

You're all behaving like a bunch of children The voice of my father-in-law was unmistakable and I could have died of embarassment on the spot. Behave yourselves!

That is enough! Silence! Jamie's voice somehow felt just like the way he smelled. It soared through my consciousness, instantly calming some of my anxiety as the others slipped away quietly.

You okay? I blocked them all out, I can teach you how, you'll get used to it He reassured gently, stroking my hair.

"I doubt that!" I exclaimed, and he chuckled, kissing the top of my head.

Talk to me, Gracie His voice was soft, for my thoughts only, and his words danced their way through my very soul.

"I don't know how."

Don't overthink it, just talk to me He encouraged.

Like this? I tried, picturing us sat on the little island where we had our first proper date, talking to eachother. The image was tinged in pink. I could feel his heart swell with pride when my words reached him

Just like that baby! You're a natural!  He said, squeezing me tightly. He reached into the image of my mind and kissed me, sending tingles through my body unlike anything I'd ever felt before. I love you, my Luna.

I love you too, my Alpha.

~
The End
~