4.birthdays,bad-days

I was nervous why he suddenly looked serious,damien was almost never serious,in a good way,he always made everyone laugh,whenever someone was stressed or cried,he made jokes without offending anyone,thats what i liked about him,he was very respectful.

I looked up to him and kept my coffee down,ready to hear.
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"he screamed and handed me a bouquet of beautiful lavenders,

along with a cute little birthday cake.

I was shook. How did i not remember it was my birthday today,its all because of work,i forget the world when i work.i remembered the date,23rd november,it really was my birthday
"I know you have alot of workload but a little cake time won't hurt right,its your favourite blueberry cheesecake" he gave me wide grin and kept the cake on the table.
"I-i can't believe it,i literally forgot,thank you so much,the flowers are beautiful,and the cake looks yummy" i gave him a small hug,then we ate alot of cake.

----
We had all come to this fancy restaurant as a gift from soyeon.
"Soy this place looks really expensive are you sure you can pay for all of our dinner?"i asked.
"Relax young lady,its your birthday,this is the least i could do"she said pulling me into a tight hug.she kept her look simple but gorgeous

I was wearing a really cute greyish dress

I Thought i looked pretty until bella showed up wearing this

She looked amazing but,it seemed like it was her birthday,and felt like she did it on purpose,since we talked the earlier morning she told me she was going to wear something white and plain like bella,then i showed her what i was going to wear,she...

She looked amazing but,it seemed like it was her birthday,and felt like she did it on purpose,since we talked the earlier morning she told me she was going to wear something white and plain like bella,then i showed her what i was going to wear,she suggested me to wear red as it would make me stand out more,but i did not take the suggestion,and now SHE shows up wearing red?
"Heyy people,the hottie is here"she comes towards us.
I was sitting beside soyeon,damien was sitting infront of me,lillian sat next to him.
"Oh theres no chair left,im just gonna grab one" she grabbed one chair and placed it right in the middle.
For better pov-

Now it really felt like it was her birthday

"I feel like riley should sit in the middle,right guys?" Damien asked looking serious,everyone kept silence.
"Uh-im sure she wouldn't mind,if you do,then please,you can sit here darling" bella replied.
I did mind,its my birthday,how can she wear something so glam knowing i was wearing something more simple.
"No its alright,im comfortable here" i said with a heavy heart.
Damien looked at me disappointed.
Bella sat down,lillian cleared his throat and began speaking.
"So guys,according to the town gossip,Riley may or may not have been selected to be a head member in the writers club"
The writers club was basically a club
For all the elite writers in town,they all come together at this fancy hotel every 15th and gossip about other writers while drinking green tea,they also love reading their own books aloud to everyone and talk about what inspires their writing.
"Yaaay i cannot wait to be the head member of a place i hate going to,which is filled with rude rich people,who drink tea instead of coffee" i said with a monotone voice.
"Cmon darling,it will be fun,we will get to hear the gold gossip of the head members" soyeon tried cheering me up.
I was about to say something when bella cut me off.
"Guys i have news,I GOT SELECTED BY A MODELING AGENCY!" She almost screamed.
"Oh my god! Thats great bella" lillian started clapping.
"Thats great news bella"i gave her a genuine smile.
"So bells is finally a model now,great work!"soyeon gave her a flying kiss.
"Congratulations"Damien said while giving a small smile.
And i saw that look on her face as soon as he smiled,she smiled while looking down and let a small laugh.
Is she for real? Its so obvious,she's into him! How could she be into him,she barely knows him,and shes not even his type,she barely sees him,i see him all the time,90% of my day is around him,how could she possibly like him?.
I realised i sounded insane,thats my bestfriend,shes allowed to like anyone,besides whats the big deal if she likes him?its not like i like him right?.
"Earth to riley~"Damien was waving his hands infront of me,i was so caught up in my thoughts.
Damien took a scan of me and then started saying.
"Guys i don't know about you but i think this birthday girl infront of me owes me a dance"he said as he got up from his seat and came towards me offering me his hand "may i?" He gave me a slight smirk,i could hear soyeon cheering and clapping.
I was puzzled first,but i went on with it.
I took his hand while giggling as he dragged me near the place where all of the couples were slow dancing to lover by taylor swift.
He wrapped his hand on my waist and the other one holding mine.
We moved our bodies according to the rhythm,he was looking deep into my eyes,thats when i remembered how estatic he actually looked.
The lights were dim,the atmosphere was chill,i could hear other couples giggling while telling each other corny romantic lines.
He twirled me around and then suddenly the dim lights turned bright white and one way or another by the blondie started playing.
All the couples began clapping and tap dancing,with their hands in the air.
He took his hand off my waist and began freestyling to the song,he had some of the goofiest moves i had ever seen,i vibed along with him,we were both giggling,and dancing around in circles,jumping and moving our hands like clowns.
I felt like a 9 year old who is showing her dance she made with her best friend to her family on a thanksgiving dinner.
It was wholesome,that moment. I felt truly happy,don't know how long it must've been since i danced so freely,i enjoyed it so much,all thanks to damien.

Damien knew how to make anyone happy,just by his energy,i thought he was a total asshole that night but he is nothing like it.

----
The night had come to an end,and everyone was bidding each other goodbye.
"Lets go ryles" lillian grabbed my hand,he and i came together,so we were going back together.
"Im sorry lillian but ill have to steal her from you,i have to show her a place"Damien said taking my other hand.
"Oh,a-alright then uhm,ill meet you tomorrow,good night" lillian said hesitantly.
"Good night lilly"he hates when i call him that,so i love calling him that.
"I swear to god riley,you'll be the death of me" he laughed weirdly and got into his car.

"So where are we going?"i asked damien,5 minutes into the drive
"Have some patience,love" he said.

------