1

It was a normal night for me. Sort of. If you consider waiting on a ship to a mysterious island run by a criminal mastermind for an underground fighting tournament, with the promise of information about your estranged father normal, then yeah it was a normal night. I had gotten home from my job, when I found a fortune cookie inviting me here on my bed. I still lived with my dad, so sneaking out wasn't the easiest thing in the world. Was I looking for a place to live? Sure! But finding a place is harder than it looks. 

I had left a note that I had a new lead on my bio dad, and I wasn't sure when I'd be back. My dad wasn't an elemental master like I was, and we were both a little freaked out when my powers started to show. But after plenty of research, we found what happened and I started to train myself. Ever since my powers showed up, I had been searching for my biological father to see if he could train me. We found my mother, but she didn't have the powers. She was nice and gave me up so I could have a better life. We talk and meet up once in a while. But since I was a product of a one-night stand, she had no information about my dad. 

"Ah, I told you we shouldn't have worn them!" I glanced to see the ninja there, in different gi's. They stood out like sore thumbs, and it kind of made me want to laugh. "The tournament of elements. You think all of them have powers like us?" I Snorted, drawing attention to myself. I didn't mean to, but it was only a matter of time. I'm a tall woman, what else can you expect? "What's so funny bean-pole?" 

"First off, don't call me that, and second, do you think any of us would be here if that weren't the case?" I noticed the green one looking at me, wide eyed. "What's with him? Never seen a tall girl before?"

"N... No! Sorry." He cleared his throat, prying his eyes off me. He pulled down his mask, showing he was actually fairly attractive. "But she's got a point. When I asked my dad about it, he got really suspicious." He was fiddling with his fingers on one hand. Nervous habit maybe? "It was like he was keeping something from me."

"The fortune cookie said to tell no one, or else there'd be consequences." 

"Relax, we're cool." I pretended not to listen in, but I was curious about them. I don't remember their names off the top of my head, but the ninja are famous. Them being here... maybe they have something to fight for? Or maybe... nah, it's a dumb idea. 

A ferry pulled up to the dock. Planks were put down, and a guy with a slicked back ponytail and mustache walked onto the dock. We all walked to him. "We don't know yet if this is a trap. Wherever they take us, we have to stick together."

"Watch your step madam." A girl in orange looked behind her, and I took a quick glance back at the ninja again. The red one looked smitten. 

"We can't let anything distract us. You hear me Kai?" Oh, that was his name. 

"Huh? Uh, yeah. Got it, whatever you said!" I laughed for real this time. 

"What?"

"Sorry, you guys are kind of loud, and I tend to pick up conversations without meaning to." I looked the green one in the eyes. "You guys are the ninja, so to be here, you all must have a very good reason to be here." I looked around. "Aren't you one short though?" Then it hit me. One was dead. "Oh, wait shit, sorry, I forgot." I smacked my head. "I'm a bit of an airhead." The green one chuckled. I got on, and the ninja were the last ones on. 

"Master Chen will be charmed to see you've accepted his offer. A master of spinjitsu will favor well in this tournament."

"Hey, we're not here to fight. We're here to save a friend." I raised a brow but said nothing. He hummed. 

"Don't be so petty master Jay." So that was the blue one's name. The guy with the ponytail pulled out a pair of nun chucks out of his bag. "Everyone here has something to fight for."