3

So, I'm a lava fan, and so I'm debating whether or not to put it in this story as a background relation... maybe. What do you guys think?

The ninja invited me to sit with them, seeing as I've decided to help them out with finding their lost friend. It was silent as we ate for a while, before Cole broke it. "At least the chow's good." I nod. Oh, also, I'm not topless anymore, I went up to my room and put a shirt on. A pajama shirt, but better than no shirt. 

"Augh! It's killing me! What's under the trap door? What happens when you lose?!" 

"Anxiety much?" I joked. Lloyd snickered ever so slightly from next to me. 

"Don't think about that."

"It's all I can think about! I moved on! I feel guilt! These are not good feelings!" 

"You think you feel bad?" Kai said from next to him. "Imagine how I feel! Our mission is simple. Tonight, we find Zane and get off this crazy island." 

"But if I leave, I may never find out what happened to my dad." I argued. It was silent as they contemplated what to do. 

"Maybe you don't need to? I mean, come on, what all can you do with your powers?"

"Well, for starters I can levitate and fly. I can control winds and literally take someone's breath away. I can cut through titanium, and- oh... I get your point." He nods. "I guess I'm in then."

"Just one question, how are we supposed to find our way off this island? You heard Chen, break a rule, and we're out. He's not just going to let us roam around!" 

"Then it's a good thing we're ninja and a parkour master. Meet me in my room at midnight." The pale man came up to us. 

"You mind if I join you?" Jay was about to answer, but I cut him off.

"Scr-"

"Sorry, but this booth's a little bit full. Maybe try somewhere else?" He shrugs and walks away. No fuss, no mess, no problem. "Next time, don't yell at people to scram Jay. There's better ways to go about it all." 

"How did you-?"

"What, get him to leave so easily? My dad's famous, and so I have to be pretty good with my words. A bad mark on me is a bad mark on him. Anyways, Kai, which room is yours?" 

"Third floor, middle balcony on the left side."

"Got it. I'll see you there." 

As the clock hit midnight, I jumped onto Lloyd's balcony, and knocked on the door. He opened it with a shy smile, which I returned kindly. "Come on, let's get down to Kai's room." He nods, and we jump down together, Cole following close behind. We went inside while we waited for Jay and heard a yell. 

"What was that you said?" Ohhh, that girl's room must be right next to his. Skylor, I think her name was? 

"Uh, I said w-w-what a beautiful night!" He said loudly, trying to cover up Jay's screams with his own yelling. He laughed nervously, and it took a lot not to laugh back at him. 

"What do you think happened to karloff?" 

"I feel horrible. If I had known what would happen-" 

"You did what you had to do to stay in the tournament. I'm sorry if I was cold to you earlier. Maybe it's good to have friends here. You had asked about my power-"

"Oh yeah, oh it's so cold out. Uhh, better call it a night! Heh, heh." I heard some muffled speaking since Kai closed the door now, and Kai went back out to speak some more. "Oh okay! Goodnight! Heh." A second later, he went back out and helped Jay back up and into the room.