2

"Welcome to Chen's island. The tournament of elements welcomes its brave fighters. Master Chen will be pleased you've returned, sensei garmadon." He was the first off after Clouse. 

"The pleasure is all mine, Clouse."

"I'm sure it is." 

"Definitely feeling some tension between you two."

"Yeah, and how is it we're on an island I've never seen on any map before?"

"And care to explain how the face to ninjagos most popular noodle house is secretly assembling an underground fighting tournament?" 

"Master Chen used to be a friend. Now he's a traitor. During the serpentine wars Chen turned against his own kind, and sided with the treacherous snakes."

"The battle you and uncle wu fought together in? He was an enemy?"

"If I remember correctly, there was an alliance through the elemental masters. But deception drove them apart. The serpentine were barely defeated. Do you recall seeing a master of wind there?" He shook his head. 

"No, I'm sorry. There was no master of wind helping in the serpentine wars. Meaning whoever it was, was likely too young to help fight, or already dead. But you're right. Must have paid attention in history class."

"I went to private schools my whole life, so I got really good education."

"Here's one thing that they don't teach though; it was Chen who divided the masters. And in a deal for his surrender, he was never to leave this island. Little did we know, he would start to build up his criminal empire from here."

"He may have divided our ancestors, but he won't divide us." Kai pushed all the guys to the side, and I barely jumped out of the way. 

"Uh, ladies first!" The girl in orange smiled and walked past. "Fire will melt her icy heart, just wait." I sighed and grabbed Lloyd. 

"Let's just get going." I took the steps easily two at a time, and Lloyd was almost jogging to keep up with me. I heard garmadon sigh from behind me, and I chuckled. 

"He's really got it bad for her, doesn't he?" I looked at him, and he was avoiding eye contact. "You know, you're a lot shyer than I thought you'd be. It's kind of cute." I chuckled. His face flushed, and I let go of him. 

"This is a big island, so Zane could be anywhere. Keep an eye out." I remember fairly well what he looks like, so it shouldn't be that big an issue. 

The doors opened, and the sound of drums and chanting grew louder. "So, this is the house the noodles built. I always wanted to go to a red-carpet event."

"You've seen one, you've seen them all."

"Please, how many have you been to?"

"A lot. My dad's a famous athlete, and sometimes gets offers to act in movies. I always go with him, standing by his side. People don't take as much notice of me though. But believe me, they're almost always the same." 

"Oh yeah? Like what?"

"Fritz Donegan. He played the imperial sludge." 

"What?!" Lloyd and Jay yelled at the same time. 

"You know Cliff Gordon?!"

"A little, yeah." 

"Your dad played the biggest villain in comic book history?!"

"Yep." I giggled. "I take it you two are big fans, huh? Well, if you ever meet my dad, try not to freak out too much, kay?"  

"Chen lives like a king. Here, he's totally self-sufficient. The only way on or off the island is with his permission, which you have to earn. "