Chapter 3

J I N H O
I am just staring at my paper, it says consent form that needed to be signed by our parents. I sighed again, actually this is now the third. My eyes were roaming around, checking out my classmates with a worried expression. I should do something, right? I shouldn't have just stay here letting him do what he wanted.

I looked back at my form again as i am thinking deeply, not realizing that someone has her attention on me. I slowly look at her, and suddenly the same expression that i been expecting already wasn't what i expected instead a soft one. I know she could feel the worry in me right now, even she changes her attitude i am still sure that the soft spoken and soft-hearted girl is still there leaving inside her but she's not just letting that person to show up again, and i know it's all my fault she's acting like that.

I sighed one more time as I could hear some murmurs again.

"That's a military training consent form. Show it to your parents." Ms. Park says to us increasing more murmurs.

"For real?"

"No way."

"Saem! We must camp together?" A girl asked Ms. Park catching her attention.

"What would happen to people who don't sign this?" Another kid asked snapping me back to reality. The thought of it, I am not yet sure about it, but I am sure theres no kids won't go to military when it comes to CSAT or extra points.

"I'm not sure about that, but it'll be replaced with a remote learning class." Ms. Park says, then suddenly the boy with glasses raised his hand, "How many extra points do we get? Is it a differential system?"

"The details will come out later. I'II share to all of you as soon as I hear from the Ministry of Education. What I am sure about is that only those who apply military training will get extra points. Get the form signed if you want them." As soon as Ms. Park finish i let out a heavy sighed again. I knew it. There's no way that kids will refused if it comes to an extra points. They know kids weakness is the CSAT. Why am I even thinking so hard.

The girl in front of the boy that in front of me suddenly puts up her hands which is Hana I think, "Saem! What about the people who'll major in performing arts?" The girl asked Ms. Park.

"Are we going to war?" Another question again from another girl.

"What If we're skipping skipping college?"

"How long will training last?"

"What If we quit halfway through?"

"Where will the training take place?"

Many questions filled the room again, as Ms. Park just took a deep breath, clearly frustrated too with what's happening right now, "I know you're all flustered and in shock. I am too. But, let's not worry. Keep studying hard and stick with the military training too. Just keep doing what you always did. Don't forget the years of work you put in to go to a good university, okay?"

Everyone stayed silent, but some other just groans. I look back in to my form as worry starting to build inside me again, as I slowly turn my head to look at to Bora she was just looking seriously at her own piece of paper. I could tell that she's in her deep thoughts and thinking if whether she would go or not, but if i am just in the right to decide for her I wouldn't let her.

As she was about to turn her head towards me I already put back my attention to Ms. Park as she suddenly hit her table catching all the kids attention, "Study hard!" She said before leaving the room.

"What?"

"Ms. Park, we're not...."

"Saem!"

"Explain what's going on!"