Chapter 8, re-written ending, sunset!

Alrighty loves!! I asked peeps, and they where curious to what I would do if I would re-write the last chapter of this book!! So here we are! The original chapter will be available so do not worry! Now let us get into it shall we?

This chapter will take off where chapter 7 ended, so nothing before that moment shall be changed. Also, yes, I am aware, now, that "enderwalk" was/is Dream possessing Ranboo. So that'll be taken into account. Now last thing, any romantic Sam x Dream happening in previous chapters, shall (at least for the re-write) be platonic!! Now let's hit it!!

Warnings: not top-notch English, mentions of blood, death (probably), flinching, mentioning of PTSD and (as in the title) there will be some angst.

---

Tubbo pov-

Quackity had came back from searching for potions. He knew where they were, so it didn't take to long. Dream, being semi-conscious, could swallow some of the healing, but it wasn't enough to fully heal some of his wounds, including the one that was stabbed into his leg by Ranboo. Speaking off: "hey Boo? Why where you in your enderwalk mode? Isn't that usually when Dream is in control of your mind?", I asked. Ranboo seemed to think about it for a second before nodding. "Yeah... yes that is true actually..." "Than why/how where you here?", I asked him. "I have no idea... Maybe it was because Dream didn't see another way out? Or I could have found another trigger...", he trailed of. "Mmhh", I mumbled, I'll ask Dream about it on a later notice.

Dream was starting to wake up. "Heya Dream.", I said in a soft tone to not startle the dirty blond. Blinking a couple times to fully take in what was around him he answered softly with a: "heya kids.", addressing both me and Ranboo. "Quackity.", he added when he spotted him standing in the opposite corner to us. "Hey Dream...", big-Q started, but he trailed off, looking away in shame. After a long-ish silence he spoke again. "I want to deeply apologize... but that doesn't excuse the way me and Sam have been treating you this past year... I didn't really think it was all to wrong because, at first, I just wanted the book and then it turned into punishing you, and then I completely lost it and just needed a punching bag... and then I spoke to Tommy...", Quackity looked at the lava. "Si- Quackity, look at me.", Dream said, in a somewhat stern voice. Quackity did.

"I understand why you did what you did. But I will not forgive you for doing so. However, a second chance will be given."

Quackity pov-

"...will be given.", Dream said. I couldn't believe it. "I get a second chance?", I asked, more because I didn't think he would even do that. I carved the word tyrant into his skin for crying out loud. Dream just nodded. Wanting to get up but falling again almost straight away. Ranboo letting Dream lean on his shoulders, I couldn't help myself but wanting to hug the both of them.

Dream flinched when I attempted my hug. "Heh, yeah... that is understandable...", I said. Dream just nodded again. Walking to the bridge a thought came to my mind. "So, what do we do now? We can't just leave Dream... here?", I asked, said. The three others looked at me. Tubbo agreeing, Ranboo not so sure and Dream with fear. "Excuse me?", he said. "Well, Dream, look around... it is obvious that, even if I didn't visit day after day, you'd still have lost your mind. That is no good.", I said. "So what do we do?", I asked.

A long, uncomfortable silence fell.

We all knew what would be best for Dream. Being out, but would the rest of the server like that as well? "I am going to ask around.", I said. "Wait what?!", Dream tried to shout, but I had already left.

Asking the rest of the server, telling them all about what happened the past year... all of the members didn't want Dream to stay where he was. So, we decided to let him out to live with Puffy and Sam would be checking in on them. A lot of us gathered at the entrance of the prison. Waiting for Tubbo to tell us all.

Ranboo pov-

"Not super sure on this Tubs...", I said. "That is understandable Boo. He did hurt a lot of people, almost everyone, including you..., but Sam and Puffy are keeping an eye on him. We made a deal, not resurrecting the dead, sleeping inside a locked room and, at least for not, never being fully alone.", he said. "Nothing to worry about. And we could always get extra security for Snow Chester." I hummed to let him know I agreed.

Walking to the entrance, Dream between me and Sam and Tubbo up front, I looked at Dream. Skinny and more scar than not, he got his original hoodie and mask back, though he wasn't wearing the lather. He looked nervous. I decided not to ask him about it though.

"Alright, I'm going to tell the server to leave ya alone Dream. Give me a bit, I'll let Sam know when we are ready.", Tubbo said before disappearing through the portal. And so we waited.

Sapnap pov-

Tubbo came out and told us that we should be careful. Dream was suffering from PTSD. Mostly sudden movements, yelling and such. So we promised Tubbo we would be careful. Tubbo smiled, shot Sam a message and a moment later, Sam, Dream and Ranboo came through the portal. I looked at him, top to bottom. He looked fragile and cold. I looked eyes with him. George standing beside me, not sleeping for once, had grabbed my hand. I squeezed it before pulling him with me to greet Dream.

Standing in front of him, he looked even worse... "Hey Pandas...", he said. I smiled remembering my old name. "Hey Dream...", I said. I let go a George and, carefully, hugged my best friend. He hugged back, even pulling in George. He was surprisingly strong. We stayed like that, for what must have been a few seconds. It felt like hours though. I heard shuffling behind me, but that quickly stopped as well. Looking up, I saw Tubbo shaking his head. Thank you, dear Tubbo, we needed this moment.

Letting go after, what felt like even longer than before, was saddening, but we needed to give Dream space. His mother, Puffy, wanted to say hi to after all. She came up and they also melted away in a hug. If I am not mistaken, I heard sobs coming from the both of them.

---

2 weeks later

---

Sam pov-

"Hey Dream?", I said. Seeing him and Puffy viewing the sunset. "Hello Puffy.", I added. They both greeted me back. "Just checking in for the week.", I answered when Puffy asked why I was there. She told me to join them whilst watching the sunset. So I did. "Sunset huh?", I asked no one in particular. "Like closing a chapter of life, whilst watching the beautiful colors unfold in the next one.", Puffy said. "Yeah...", Dream sighted.

Looking at the both of them, I suppose I was glad my little brother was back outside again. He was smiling. Happy in this one very moment.

---

Authors note-

I am SO happy I chose to re-write the last chapter!! I like it way way better than before!! Thank you all so so so much for the 13k+ reads!! It has blown my darn mind! I really appreciate it and I love all the comments you people leave! Thank you!

Have an amazing rest of your day/night and if it is past 2 am, go to sleep!