8| cow wow

Jade was on edge about the upcoming cow wow, a mix of fretting over Beck and the possibility of his arrival with a date.

She had picked out an outfit for you: black shorts, a Hawaiian shirt, and cowboy boots.

Surprisingly, the ensemble worked, and the matching attire with Jade felt rather agreeable.

In recent days, Jade's demeanor had grown noticeably more affectionate.

While it was part of the plan that you and her had to get closer, there lingered a faint hope that perhaps she genuinely enjoyed your time together.

During your hangouts at your place, she revealed personal aspects of her life, speaking about her troubled relationship with her father and the distressing middle school bullying experiences.

You sympathized, wishing she had confided you me earlier so you could have been there for her.

However, right now, Jade was far from exhibiting that vulnerable side.

Instead, she was visibly agitated while navigating the traffic, expressing her frustrations by pounding the steering wheel.

"For fucks sake!" she yelled. Traffic was not being nice to you.

"It's okay Jade. When we get there, there'll still be plenty of time to enjoy ourselves." You said.

"It's not okay liv, we're going to be late, and I hate being late. I wont have enough time to make Beck jealous." She yelled.

An attempt to soothe her nerves with a comforting touch on her thigh yielded some success, softening her demeanor, making you smile brightly.

---

You arrived at the cow wow, and Jade immediately switched into a reconnaissance mode.

She grabbed your arm, and pulled you through the crowd, hoping to find Beck.

And there he was.

Beck, as feared, had indeed arrived with a date, and Jade's grip nearly crushed your arm in response.

She hastily ushered you to a nearby table.

"im pretty sure he's looking. Pretend im flirting with you or something." She said.

Before you could answer, she pulled you closer, grabbing your hand as she started to play with it.

"Why don't you try. See if you can make me blush." You dared her.

.Unexpectedly, instead of a sardonic response, she leaned in and murmured a compliment.

She whispered: "You look fucking hot tonight."

A noticeable flush to rose to your face.

She smirked. "Easy! Ill be right back, ill get us drinks."

To add to the unexpected, she planted a brief kiss on your cheek before striding away.

I stood there, momentarily stunned, aware of Beck's intense gaze fixated on the situation. Maintaining composure, I turned away, pretending casual nonchalance, awaiting Jade's return, which was thankfully swift.

When she reappeared with beverages, her elegance was accentuated by a chic short skirt.

She handed over a cup, and said: "Sorry that I kissed you. Beck was looking and I didn't know what to do."

You giggled, knowing you were more than okay with it.

"Don't worry Jade, I don't mind. I would've appreciated a warning though." You said laughing.

She laughed along with you.

Your laughter helped diffuse any lingering tension, and you couldn't help but notice the subtle vulnerability in her entrancing blue eyes, hinting at a trust and a willingness to reveal a more authentic side.

You were getting lost in them, not even wanting to find your way out, but you were forced when you heard someone left to you yell a "Hi!".

Before you could even look, you felt a girl practically jump on to you.

Cat.

Of course she had to ruin the moment,

Could she have any better timing?

Very short, and also not spell checked.

I really have to sit down and think where I want this story to go as of right now. I know how I want it to end, but im not sure how to get there.

Ill update soon though

Love ya!