❤︎

ACT ONE

ACT ONE

Love.

Love is dangerous: an embodiment of corruption and fallacy coated in glitz, glam, and gold. Rather than a fairytale, it takes the form of a nightmare—a nightmare misleadingly described as something beautiful to lure one into a trap.

Love exclusively takes one form and is only acceptable between a masculine man and a feminine woman. Painted in telenovelas, it's something so exaggerated it's unattainable.

Especially if you've been wired to believe that somehow, breaking the rules of love is perfectly acceptable: being with a man as a man.

Love, to Jisung, is hazardous and jeopardizing—excruciating when the one person he's been led to love is someone completely out of reach. That fading light one can only attempt to reach out to amidst all the darkness.

"I love you"s are powerful and will drive the love-blind into emotional ruin.

A meaningful exchange of three syllables spoken in order to induce a feeling of pink, red, and every color in between that's too powerful to comprehend or withstand. So powerful it has the potential to explode on itself—a ticking time bomb waiting to destroy itself.

Love is what blindly led Jisung into being with the likes of Minho Lee—walked him to the other whilst on the thinnest of ice. 

"Jisung and Minho", it felt right, but it contradicted every premise of traditional love...it was a threat to the heteromanticism of it all.

It couldn't last. Not when contemporary society is an all-consuming beast, eating what grows out of the mold.

So, it didn't.

"Jisung and Minho" was warm, saccharine, and sweet: a blend of honey and roasted marshmallows by a wildfire. "Jisung and Minho" was every color of the rainbow and then some, an embodiment of everything beyond Jisung's banal desires.

It was "perfect."

It couldn't last.

It didn't last.

In reality, it wasn't perfect.

Perfection is a concept that has been ingrained at the very back of Jisung's flaw-rich mind ever since he was young enough to fully grasp it.

For a while, Jisung believed that the very thing that makes perfection so attainable is that as long as imperfections can be hidden well enough, anyone can be perfect. For a while, Jisung believed he could hide everything with the likes of Minho Lee away. Lock it away from his parents, hide it away from everyone.

But, humans can only be so idealistic for so long.

Now, "Jisung and Minho" has run cold, run bitter, as bitter as the impending winter coming to sweep autumn into snow.

Love is a bitter-tasting cocktail of melancholy, blame, and self-doubt. A mixture of the greys and the blacks, lacking every ounce of color that was once there.

Love is a longing—is an underlying beauty in what human nature knows it cannot have.