#110. For Eternity

The leaves around her were of a beautiful forest green, swaying along with the evening winds as the sky was painted orange as the sun prepared to rest for the day.

Leyla found herself scooting closer to the shaded area on the sidewalk as she watched the car halt in front of her. She had no doubt it had been ordered to do so by its master, safely nestled inside.

As expected, the doors in the car clicked unlocked, and Matthias pristinely stepped out of the vehicle without further adieu, and made a beeline straight for her.

Leyla could only watch him in rapt attention, drinking in his image and form, unconsciously burning it to her memory.

He stopped a couple of paces in front of her, and they stared into each other's eyes. None of them made any move to fill the awkward silence between them, aside from the rustling and whistling of leaves and winds.

"Have you given it much thought then?" Matthias finally asked her, breaking the silence after a quick glance at his wristwatch.

He was supposed to be departing Arvis, but that had been delayed due to an abrupt luncheon meeting. Which meant he would have to miss the evening train, which he was supposed to take to be able to attend the Queen's birthday party on time.

Upon her confused look, Matthias decided to clarify.

"Your birthday gift, have you given it some thought?" He asked her again, deciding to ask now instead of later, when he'd most likely forget to ask.

Leyla let out an indecipherable sigh, and Matthias faintly noted how her knuckles turned white as she gripped her bicycle handles.

She seemed exceptionally smaller and younger today, and once more, silence befell them both once again, with Leyla content to stare at him.

Matthias greatly adored these moments with Leyla. He was most fond of these moments because they also gave him a great excuse to ogle and take in every bit of her features and memorize every crevice and reaction in her body and mannerisms.

From the way she talks, to how he predicted her thoughts would be, down to her eyelashes, her golden locks, kissable lips, and soft body...

He wanted more of her, even though he already had all of her. He wanted more of her kisses, more of her smile, more of her touch, her warmth, her scent on his sheets. He wanted to make sure as well everyone knew she was his.

And he wanted to hold her attention, her eyes, and her priority forever. Now that she was no longer looking as scared of him as she was before, he wanted to see more of that blushing cheeks, and hear more of her devotion to him.

She might often be lost in her thoughts, but he was lost in thoughts of her. And it made everything soft and beautiful in his bland life.

It was an exhilarating feeling indeed.

"Yes, I remember." she softly told him, smiling prettily at him with those soft, kissable, plump lips of hers, "Can I say it to you now?" She asked him.

Leyla was sick to her stomach now that she was this close to him. Gone was the earned comfort she found around him as images of her uncle's heartbroken face flashed through the back of her mind.

She still had a part to play after all. She needed to look alive, like she loved his attention on her.

"Tell me." Matthias ordered her with no hesitation and Leyla tried her best not to smile derisively.

"Hmm, even if I tell it to you, do you really promise to give it to me?" She tilted her head up cutely at him. She tried to play coy with him, wanting to gouge out his reaction and drive the nail further in his heart when she disappeared from him forever.