The memory of you it's still there - Charles ...

Since the tragic event of 2014, in Suzuka, where Jules lost his life, after fighting for months in a coma , Charles has started to be at peace with it, but whenever he celebrated Jules's birthday or made a tribute in his death date, he felt all his feelings railing up, the effort he made to move on, going wasted as he would always end the specific day, crying , sometimes with his most trusted friends, sometimes alone, mourning and re-experiencing that horrible feeling from the time when he was in coma, Charles, his family and the community all hoping he'll get better but in the end, it only hurt more.
He would feel worse when they would have to race in Suzuka, making him lock himself in his room to get through the panic attacks and many scenarios of possible accidents that made him sick .

All started on wednesday, when everyone was getting ready to go to the airport for Suzuka. That day, Charles was pretty cheerful and was having a great vibe, but he also felt proud that he was fine and that the thought of Jules didn't hurt as much as before. He was making his bag together with Max, who surprisingly had joined him to help. He knew that Max came to check on him , but he reassured him by smiling and joking around with him. He was surprised and smiled back, but he knew that it was still early to cheer on for Charles.

At 2 p.m., everyone met at the airport and between who was taking private jets and who was taking the first class in the normal airplane. Ferrari, McLaren, Alpine, and Alphatauri used the normal one while the others had a private one. More precisely, the drivers took the normal one while the important staff members of each team took the private jet of Aston Martin, Red Bull, and Mercedes as their airplanes were huge and could carry many persons.
When they started to get on the plane, Max, who was by Charles side since they arrived at the airport , talked with Christian to let him fly with him, as he didn't want to leave his side during the ride, cheering him on but also for Charles to have a shoulder to sleep on, even if they had beds and stuff:).
To say least, Christian was surprised by his confession, but he knew that Max cared about the monegasque driver , so he let him join the others in the airplane.

When Max strolled over to Charles to tell him the news, he saw him and Pierre talking and laughing about something . His first thought was full of jealousy and curiosity of the extraordinary topic that made them laugh so hard, but when he got close, he could hear Pierre whining to Charles about Yuki and the fact that he was already in Japan, as he couldn't wait to see his family again and, he progressively calmed down , but he could see that Charles wasn't as cheerful as always, so he skipped his way to him and hugged him close and whispered softly to his ear

" Everything alright?" He asks , worried, while holding him close, waiting for his answer.
Charles responded with half mouth and sad eyes,

"Everything is fine. It's just the usual , it'll pass soon. Do you wanna go somewhere before we leave, or do you wanna rest up a little? Since the trip to Japan, it's very long and tiring, and I know you are petty when you're tired." He tried to reassure me, and I knew that he wasn't telling what's going on, but i knew the reason why, so I didn't pressure him any longer, opting that he'll tell me whenever he feels comfortable, so I accepted his invite to rest up in our plane, cuddling together watching a movie he chose*Fast & Furious 7*.
We lay down, and by the end of the movie, I could feel him sneefing beside me, making himself smaller in my hold , trying to hide his tears against my clothes, but I hold him close and helped him sleep , waiting until the airplane would take off .

Christian comes to them to announce that they leave in that moment, while Max signaled him to tone down a little, showing a sleeping Charles, with tears on his face, hugging the Dutch driver close. This view stinged even to someone as Christian, or more importantly, Red Bull's team principal, seeing what the younger have been through, and also Ferrari's self-destructive strategy making him go made, but it also reached his mind an other reason for his state, it being firstly the Suzuka track but also someone special to him, so he looked at both the drivers, smiled and made his way back to his seat, as the airplane was ready to leave.