Chapter 1 - Just My Luck

🎶Play Song Above for the Vibes: Just My Luck - Coco Jones🎶

It was around eight in the morning when I woke up to fulfill my daily routine. Y'know, brush my teeth, wash my face, moisturizing lotion on my face, grab a cup of coffee, check my phone for any messages, and take a shower before going down to the market to grab groceries for the day. That kind of daily routine.

Before letting my feet touch the floor to wiggle in my slippers, I stretched real good and yawned. After that, I walked over to my bedroom door to pick up my favorite all black robe from the silver hook. One arm after another, I tied the straps around my waist and happily did my bathroom routine before walking downstairs to my kitchen.

When I made it to the kitchen, I opened the cabinet next to the fridge, to grab my favorite red mug that my man bought for me a while back.. Nearby, was my cute mini coffee bar with all the things I need to make the perfect cup of coffee.. On top of my coffee machine was a sticky note left by Black to me, It read:

"Hey baby, I just got a notification on my phone that the car note is due okay? I'm in a hurry, I'll see you later on tonight. Thank you and I love you Amirah."

I love you too.

I smiled to myself and completed the process of making some coffee, filled my cup, and headed back upstairs to go to my home office. That's where all the money making magic happens.. Three years ago when the love of my life; Trayvon "Black" Willis started dating.. I quit my career job as a Dental Hygienist to help run his drop-shipping business. It was a major risk, but it definitely paid off because we make at least $20,000 a month now.

Black is handsome, tall, sexy, and an absolute dream of a man. He's my prize and I am so happy we have built this beautiful, luxurious life together. #BlackLoveGoals.

Anyways, once a month, we book a flight to New York, Miami, Los Angeles, and pretty much anywhere we feel like taking a weekend trip to just because we can. We have 2 cars, this beautiful 3 bedroom and 2 bathroom home in the suburbs, we are the only successful and Black couple on tha block, our bills get paid, our credit is good, our sex is GREAT, and...

I LOVE when Black comes home to me! Everyday I can expect a sweet gift and he can expect a home cooked meal. He's bought me so many pairs of earrings, dresses, shoes, handbags, edible arrangements, and I can't get enough of it. I love every single gift, and it makes me more than happy to welcome him home to a good meal, a clean house, and a smile.

I feel so lucky to finally have come across a man that is so sweet, caring, affectionate, and treats me like his queen. Black treats me as his one and only, and never a friend, I really do love that man.

Before Black, I was high key considering being just like my sister Jade. Just a million one-night stands and no commitments.. I lost my virginity to a guy in college and we didn't see each other since.. I went on a lot of dates, got a lot of guys' numbers, but we never had a spark that reached past that "Friend" shit.

Left and right, I was getting hit up with "I don't see you like that, you tha homie" or "Let's just be friends" or "I'm not ready for no relationship, I'm just making my rounds, around town, right now". Like what the fuck does that even mean?

We can fuck but we can't date. Got it. I'm cool enough to have sex with, but also too cool and we can just be homies. Nice. Well, I was sick of that shit and that night I met Black, I was ready to throw in the towel on finding "love" or "the one" and just throw it back and not give a damn anymore.