Intimidation

(Athena)

I step off my broom with a smirk on my face. I like that people feel intimidated by my presence. Watching a grown man cower as I pass by gives me even more confidence.

I walk up to my head corders, which is located in America.  As I make my way through the doors I hear a familiar voice behind me.

"Athena, don't you think it would be best to wear flatter shoes to work? You're going to fall flat on your ass wearing those things." The familiar voice says sneakily.

"Shut up, Greengrass. Or my sharp heels will make you fall flat on your ass. Possibly land on your throat." I say with a confidence smile and a laugh.

Salis Greengrass has been my partner in crime ever since I got here. He is Tall, Dark, and Handsome. His eyes whisper his desire for me, but I know better. Everything I touch gets burnt. Literally, - and figuratively.

It's One of the reason why people are so scared of me.  That, and I am one of the top people that works under the Magnolias Brothers. Who took me under there wing, and trained me to be the most powerful witch in the Wizarding World. I owe them everything.

"I brought you a coffee." Salis says trying to keep up with my pace as I walk quickly to my office.

"Trying to get on my good side this morning Greengrass?" I say with a chuckle.

"Well, considering we have to talk with the boss's today, I thought you might need the energy."

"I don't know why you're so frightened of them, it's the Same bullshit, just a different day." I say as we make our way into our office, and I grab the coffee.

Salis and I have been in charge of the assassin department here in our operation.

It is our responsibility to ensure that everyone that has promised money to the Magnolias Brothers, keeps up there end of the bargain.

Being in America, we have traveled the whole state making sure that we remind people what side they are on.

"Salis, take a picture, it will last longer." I say taking a sip of my coffee reading our next assignment.

Salis Coughs on his coffee, "I wasn't looking." He finally says catching his breath.

"Mhm" I hum unamused.

"Come on, let's go get this stupid meeting over with. I must warn you, I think there are going to be more people there than usual." Salis says reaching the door.

Annoyed, I get up and make my way over to the doorway. "More people, no people. Honestly, it doesn't matter." I say passing him flirtatiously.

Salis and I walk silently to our destination.

As we went we the room I see the two Magnolias Brothers, Master Sweeting, and two faces I have yet to meet.

Both men are Blonde with slick back hair. They are dressed in professional, but wizard like attire. Making it known they have money.

"Typhon Malfoy, professional hit wizard." The man with long silver hair and icy blue eyes says flatly not looking our way.

"Erebus Gaunt." The man with dirty blonde hair and a green caped with a suite and green and gray tie says looking at me with his gray eyes. Making me feel a little uncomfortable.

I know there Children, Ella Malfoy and Esmerelda Gaunt.

"Master Gaunt, Master Malfoy. It's a honor." I say bowing my head slightly.

They stay uncomfortably quiet.

"Athena, Salis, I need you both to head back to Scotland. There are some people who have chosen not to pay their dues. Typhon here has been keeping an eye on them for me, however, they may need a little more convincing. Athena, use your magic as you wish." Alfred Magnolias says with a smirk with his fingers sitting crisscross on top of the table.

"As you wish, Master." I say turning to leave.

"Salis a moment if you will." Magnolias says sternly.

"Go, I'll meet up with you in a moment" Salis says giving me a smile.

I nod and head out through the door.

"So Johnson, finally met my father!" Ella Malfoy says from across the hall.

"Hello to you to." I say rolling my eyes at her.

Ella, Esme, and Eva Black have become close friends to me over the past couple of years. It took a lot of strength to not want to strangle all of them, but once you've lived with them for a while, you get use to how annoying they are.

"I have a mission. I'm waiting on Salis and then we're off."

"Greengrass, he has become such a charmer these past couple months. Hasn't he?" Ella says walking towards me with a huge smile.

"Maybe you should ask him out." I say looking straight ahead trying to avoid eye contact.

"Maybe you should."

"No thanks. We're work partners."

"And?"

"And, what?"

Ella rolls her eyes at me "you should take this opportunity and, I don't know, give him a small Snog." Elle says winking at me.

"Ella, I can't Snog anyone. Remember, I burn everything I touch."

"Maybe he'll like it."

"Maybe he'll like what?" Salis says from behind us.

"Goodbye Ella." I say with annoyance as I walk away from whatever situation was about to happen.

I hear Ella cackle from behind me, and she flirtatiously says "bye Greengrass. See you around."

"Bye" Salis says avoiding her and chasing after me.

"So are you ready to head to Scotland." I say avoiding his eyes, but smirking.

"I have to write a letter before I go. How about I meet you at the three broom sticks?" Salis says looking pale.

I stop in my tracks "Are you alright? You look awful."

"I'm fine, I'll meet up with you later, ya?" He says with stutter, and sweat running down his eye brow. Turning quickly and heading in the direction of our office.

"Ok, see you at the Three Broomsticks?" I say completely confused.

What is with him?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Authors notes

Hello All!!!! Welcome to my first a chapter!

This was so much fun writing, I can't wait to keep going!

Please like and comment and tell me your thoughts!

See you soon!

- Athena