Brooms

(Sebastian)

"Sebastian! How lovely to see you! Please come on in! Oh how I have missed you!" Anne says bringing her brother into a tight hug.

"Uncle Sebastian! Uncle Sebastian!" I hear the kids say from there bedroom upstairs, scurrying down the stairs to greet me.

"There's my favorite niece and nephew, and I come baring gifts." I grin at them pulling them into a bear hug.

"Sebastian, there birthday is still a few days away, couldn't you just save it-"

"Nooo mum please!"
"Yes please mum!"
The twins say in Unison.

Sebastian looks at her with his beautiful brown/hazel eyes. Giving her a the puppy dog face.

"Fine, one gift. Then go clean up after the mess you both made up stairs? Deal?" Anne says to the twins sternly.

"Okay!" Cora Says.
"Thanks Mum!" Felix exclaims!

Anne gives Sebastian the 'your annoying' look before walking past him "meet me in the kitchen when your finished will you?"

"Of course!" Sebastian says sarcastically looking at the twins with excitement.

"Come follow me." Sebastian says in a whisper.

The twins sneakily follow him outside, the sun is still out, but just barely, creating a beautiful Golden, pink, purple, yellow sky.

"What did you get us Uncle Bash?" Cora says with a glow in her eyes with the admiration she holds she her uncle.

"Well, you two are turning 10 this year. I've noticed the brooms you two are on are well.... Let's just say, they were your mums and mine when we were younger. So..." Sebastian says cutting him self off and looking off in the distance where there are two brand new brooms, floating mid air, waiting to be mounted.

With Squeals of excitement the twins rush to there new brooms which Sebastian had there names Carved into them.

Cora Sallow
Felix Sallow

"Ohhh wow thank you Uncle! Thank you thank you!" Cora says hugging Sebastian tightly before jumping back on her broom.

"Thank you Uncle Sebastian! Come on Cora! Let's race!" Felix says with a smirk as he is already halfway across the yard.

"Felix, you git! If you're going to race you have to make it fair!" Cora says in frustration trying to catch up with her brother.

Sebastian laughs, and watches them soar through the air for a little before heading back inside to greet his sister in the kitchen.

"You going to tell me where you've been the past month?" Anne says looking at him with disappointment, arms crossed, and long brown hair she has grown out.

"Anne, work is insane at the ministry. The Aurors are working there ass's off, now that Venusia Crickerly is in office, all the Aurors feel entitled to show off. I've had some long nights trying to track down Magnolias teams. Why are they so good at hidding." I say sitting down on the kitchen stool across from my sister, pitching the bridge of my nose."

"It still shocks me that you took an Auror position." Anne mummers out.

"Well I have to keep track of her somehow." I say a little defeated.

It's been ten years since they took Athena, I've been trying for ten years to bring her back to me. It almost feels impossible.

"Sebastian, you need to move on. It's been 10 years mate. When are you going to let her go?" Anne says with concern.

Sebastian looks at her as if she is crazy. "Anne we've been over this."

"Okay, but Sebastian I really think it would be nice for you to move on. So I invited one of the new residents to come to our party in a few days for the twins birthday party. Maybe you should talk with her, get to know her. She's extremely talented! She works with nurse Blainley at the infirmary at Hogwarts! Sebastian, I think you'd really like her!" Anne says excitedly in hopes that she's making a huge difference.

Sebastian just grunts at his sister. "Hmph."

"Just think about it, she's blonde with long hair! Has a son named Jack! He's such a little Athlete, already on a quidditch team! He's younger than the twins of course, but still!"

"I'm not much into dating Anne." I say stealing an apple off the table.

"Stay for dinner, we're having Shepherd's pie, and I know Ominis would love to see you! After opening his shop in Hogsmeade, it's been extremely difficult to see you." Anne says with a smile.

"I know and I'm very proud of him, but I mustn't stay Anne, very very busy. Have loads of paperwork to do at home." I say getting up from my chair and heading to my sister to give her a hug.

"Alright, we'll see you at the party then?" Anne says into our hug.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world, Anne." I say smiling into her hair. If you would have asked me 12 years ago if I would be hugging my sister in 12 years, I would have laughed in your face. But here she is, taking care of my children as I work hard at a job that's drives me bonkers.

As I leave I catch a glimpse at my beautiful children, riding brooms I have bought for them. I still will give them the world, even if it is from afar.

I decide it's been a long day, so I'm going to head to the Three Broomsticks to get a fire whisky before heading to my empty house to do some paperwork.

I apparate.