T H E D A N C E - P A R T 1

[Salvatore Boarding House]

I'm still trying to convince Dad and Uncle Stef to not make me go to the stupid fucking dance.  The Yule Ball put me off of dances.

Unfortunately for me, it is going shit.

"Dad, Uncle Stef. I don't want to be in a hall full of sweaty horny teenagers." I groan out, " I mean, who could resist this." I say pointing towards my face and body.

If you can't tell, I hate socializing! It's worse due to the fact that every time someone mentioned Voldy Mouldy , I would have a swarm of people around me asking questions.

"We'll be there with you the whole time, Ric will be there as well. And, lets just say is any dirty little scumbag of a boy comes near you....." Dad trails off at the end, chuckling slightly.

"What Damon is trying to say is that none of us will let anyone go near you, who you don't want to talk to." Uncle Stef says calmly easing my nerves slightly.

I roll my eyes and mutter a 'fine' underneath my breath and start to climb up the stairs to check on Teddy.  Walking into my room I see Hedwig perched on the sill of my open window, with a red envelope in her beak.

"Fuck." I whisper, throwing my head back in annoyance, knowing exactly what was going to happen. 

Howler

Gently I pry it out of her mouth and give Hedwig a treat. The red envelope rips itself out of my hand and McKenzie's voice bellows out of it causing me to jump slightly.

"HOW DARE YOU DISAPPEAR AND LEAVE ME HERE WITH THESE HULAGOONS! YOU BETTER TELL ME WHERE YOU ARE RIGHT NOW OR I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN! I'M NORMALLY FINE DEALING WITH FRED AND GOEOGRE WHEN YOU ARE HERE. BUT NO! YOU DECIED TO ABANDON ME HERE ALL ALONE TO DEAL WITH NOT JUST FREDDIE BUT BOTH!" I roll my eyes at her comment. It isn't that hard to deal with them, only when they're in a pranking mood.

"AND DON'T YOU DARE ROLL YOUR EYES AT ME, THEY ARE IN A PRANKING MOOD 24/7!" I snicker slightly at her comment, which is totally and utterly true.  "AND DON'T YOU DARE LAUGH AT ME, YOU TRY DEALING WITH THEM! Anyways, just tell me where you are babe and I'll come straight to you. Lots of love, your most favourite person in the WORLD!" I chuckle slightly at her last comment.

I turn around and dig through my draws trying to find a howler to send back to her, when dad  barges into my room, practically knocking the door of its hinges. A dangerous glint present in his eyes.

"We heard shouting!" Uncle Stef exclaims skidding through the door, a stake and bread knife secured in his hands making  me chuckle slightly at their protectiveness. "And was that McKenzie's voice?" he asks as an afterthought looking towards me, brows furrowed.

I give him a quick nod before turning back to dig through my draws again to try and find a howler. I throw my hands up in victory, a red envelope secured in my fingertips a small hushed 'yes' escapes my mouth.