9 ⋆*・゚:⋆ mystery gift.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆.*:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

| MYSTERY GIFT |
song: don't forget me by dermot kennedy.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆.*:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

THE WALK BACK TO THE CASTLE WAS A BLUR in Ara's opinion, she barely recalled entering the Honeydukes cellar. She'd blinked various times and pinched herself to make sure this wasn't another one of her nightmares. She thought she'd hated Sirius Black before but her hatred simply grew as she registered what he'd done. He'd taken her Mum away. . .he was the reason why Ara couldn't remember her face, nor her affection or her love. He'd robbed her of feeling the arms of her mother wrapped around her after a long day or the love she could've given Ara. He'd taken everything from her; her Mum, her reputation, her ability to just be a girl and not his daughter.

Ara clenched her jaw as she looked at Harry, wondering if he viewed her differently now that he knew what Sirius Black had done to his parents, but when he caught her eye and offered her an almost invisible reassuring smile, all her doubts vanished.

Ron and Hermione watched Ara and Harry nervously all through dinner, not daring to talk about what they'd overheard because Percy was sitting close by them. Ron had tried to make his sister feel better by cracking jokes and she would crack a few smiles to amuse him, though she was still lost in her head, questions swirling endlessly without answers; why keep the truth from her? Why did Sirius Black want to take her to Voldemort? How could someone be so heartless that they'd betray their own family? Ara looked around at her siblings and Hermione and Harry, her eyebrows furrowing, she could never imagine ever doing something to hurt the ones she loved. She'd much rather hurt herself instead of ever even considering it.

When they all went upstairs to the crowded common room, it was to find Fred and George had set off half a dozen Dungbombs in a fit of end-of-term high spirits.

Ara's lips twitched in amusement before she sighed and made her way towards the girls' dormitories. Thankfully, none of the other girls were there since it was still so early, but Venus greeted her warmly as she rubbed her head against Ara's ankles.

Ara bent down, picking her up and placing a kiss on her head and she sat down on her bed, "Hi, love."

Venus purred and Ara adjusted herself so that she was sitting against her headboard after she kicked her boots off. She let her cat snuggle into her neck as she tilted her head backwards, staring blankly at the ceiling as she tried to reign in the emotions that so badly wanted to overtake her.

She heard the door open and she didn't need to turn her head to know who it was.

"Ara?" said Hermione's voice hesitantly.

"Hermione?" said Ara teasingly, trying to lighten up the mood as she scratched Venus behind her ears.

"Are—are you okay?" asked Hermione, as she gingerly sat down beside Ara.

"Yeah, I'm fine, just thinking," Ara sighed, still not looking at her.

But Hermione knew she wasn't fine, she had known this girl for almost three years, and she could tell when she was lying. But she'd also known her long enough to know that Ara wasn't the type to open up about her emotions, and would prefer if people didn't pressure her into talking. So instead of asking more questions, Hermione threw an arm around her shoulders and made Ara lay her head on her shoulder, getting a huffed laugh out of her.

"I'm here for you, Ara," whispered Hermione comfortingly.

"I know," Ara said softly, reaching an arm out and hugging Hermione back as her head stayed on her shoulder.