50 ⋆*・゚:⋆ blondie.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆.*:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

| BLONDIE |
song: cinammon girl by lana del rey.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆.*:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

HARRY HAD A TROUBLED NIGHT'S SLEEP. His parents wove in and out of his dreams, never speaking; Mrs. Weasley sobbed over Kreacher's dead body watched by Ara, Ron, and Hermione, who were wearing crowns, and yet again Harry found himself walking down a corridor ending in a locked door. He awoke abruptly with his scar prickling to find Ara already dressed and finishing with packing.

"Morning, sunshine," she said brightly as she packed a few books.

"Morning," Harry muttered, he put on his glasses and was finally able to see what books Ara was packing, one, in particular, caught his eye. "What's this?"

Ara tried to peel it from his grasp but he was unfortunately able to take a look at the title.

"'The Dark Forces'? You're reading a book about dark curses?" Harry asked, astounded. "Where'd you get this from?"

Ara grabbed the book from his grasp and placed it in her trunk, "One of the perks of living in the house of a former blood supremacist."

"I wouldn't call it something positive," Harry stood up from his seating position. "Why are you reading that? Are you learning how to do dark spells?"

"More like educating myself on the topic," Ara dismissed his question and continued to look down, not looking him in the eye as she searched for more things she needed to pack.

"But—why? Aren't they forbidden? It could be really dangerous—!"

"Harry!" Ara interrupted him, finally turning around to face him, she took a deep breath. "There is a war coming, whether it's happening tomorrow, next month, or in ten years, I don't know, but all I know is that we can't win against Death Eaters by firing lame curses at them."

"So you're planning on using dark magic? Spells that could kill—"

"Yes," Ara said, no hesitation in her tone. "Harry, do you think Death Eaters are going to throw expelliarmus at you?"

"Don't you think we're going to be just as bad as them if we start killing them? Using dark curses?" Harry questioned, not believing what he was hearing.

"I won't let the people I care about die just because I think murder is morally wrong," said Ara firmly. "Someone needs to bend their morals a little, guess I already sort of have. . ."

Harry opened his mouth to argue but Ara interrupted him, swiftly saying, "Better hurry up, Molly's going to go ballistic if we miss the train."

Ara immediately rested her back on the door once she'd closed it, giving a tired sigh. She understood why Harry was against this, she did, most of the people in this house—if not all of them—wouldn't approve either, but she couldn't just sit back and do nothing. She didn't want to be powerless against the Death Eaters, she wanted to be able to hold her own and protect the people she loved, and if that meant that she'd have to stoop down to their level, then so be it.

She always believed that it was better to be safe than sorry, so learning a few handy curses wouldn't be so bad, right?

She frustratedly rubbed her forehead, trying to get her headache to ease away, but with no success, stupid mind, stupid powers, stupid Voldemort—

But just then, Ara heard Fred and George, who had bewitched their trunks to fly downstairs to save the bother of carrying them, with the result that they had hurtled straight into Ginny and knocked her down two flights of stairs into the hall; Mrs. Black and Mrs. Weasley were both screaming at the top of their voices.