49 ⋆*・゚:⋆ new fear.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆.*:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

| NEW FEAR |
song: mind over matter by young the giant.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆.*:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

THE NIGHT BEFORE HARRY'S HEARING, HIM AND ARA WERE lying on their sides, facing each other as Ara tried to calm his nerves.

She had tried to get Atlas to place a second bed in the room and when he declined, she'd tried to do it herself but then he'd decided that it would be a good idea to quite literally break the bed so that it couldn't be used, he even made sure to hide the remains of it so they wouldn't be able to mend it.

That hadn't ended well for him, but he'd claimed it to be worth it.

So now, at almost two in the morning, Ara was trying her best to assure Harry that nothing would go wrong and that he would be joining them at Hogwarts without issue.

"How can you know that everything will turn out fine?" Harry said quietly as they talked in low and hushed voices.

"Because I'm always right," Ara smirked, as her eyes fluttered tiredly. She was pretty tired, her constant headaches didn't help her energy, but she was determined to stay up, at least until Harry fell asleep. "You know that."

"You can't always be right," he retorted.

"Is that so?" Ara raised an eyebrow. "I told you guys Snape was a Death Eater, I suspected that Bagman wanted you to win for a reason, even in first year I suggested taking off Quirrel's head thing—"

"You only wanted to take off his head thing, because you said you wanted to draw something on the back of his head for a prank," Harry pointed out, a teasing smile creeping in.

"Okay, yes, but deep down I knew there was something fishy going on—"

Ara's sentence was suddenly cut off by Harry's chuckling, he was shaking his head as he placed a hand over his mouth to try and keep quiet. She feigned offence as she pouted.

"Hey—don't laugh at me," she pushed his shoulder, though she was unable to keep her fake frown in place as she listened to his muffled laughter.

"Sorry," Harry's chuckling quieted down into a smile as he faced her again.

However, no matter how much better while talking to Ara, there was still a nagging feeling within him that prevented him from fully relaxing.  He couldn't possibly forget about tomorrow; What if he got expelled? What if they snapped his wand? What if they send him back to the Dursleys. . .?

"You're overthinking." Ara's voice broke him away from his thoughts.

"I just—I can't stop thinking about tomorrow," Harry sighed.

Ara frowned, she really wanted to take his mind off of things, but it seemed that her talking to him wasn't quite helping enough.

"Why don't you tell me what you did this summer? What did I miss?" Ara tried to keep her tone light in hopes that she could somehow transfer him some positivity.

"Trust me, you didn't miss anything."

"Oh, come on, something remotely interesting must've happened, maybe Diddykins embarrassed himself at some point."

"Multiple times," Harry nodded amusedly.

"Okay, then tell me about it," Ara suggested, as she readjusted her head on the pillow and stared at Harry with great interest.