48 ⋆*・゚:⋆ the house of black.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆.*:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

| THE HOUSE OF BLACK |
song: back to black by amy winehouse.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆.*:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

THE SUN SHINING ON HER FACE WAS THE THING THAT WOKE ARA up from her slumber, she groaned and buried her face deeper into the chest that she was laying on—

Her eyes snapped open at once and she remained unmoving as she realised—more like remembered—that she was, in fact, not alone in her bed.

It took a moment for her to register what was happening; Her whole weight was practically on top of Harry, one of her arms was wrapped around his torso as she hugged him like a stuffed animal and her head was snuggled against his chest as his arms pulled her to him tightly. One of his hands was in her hair, keeping her head secure and so close to him that she could hear his steady heartbeat, which brought an odd feeling of comfort. His other hand was on her waist, keeping her in place so she could barely move, not that she wanted to. Normally, she would be freezing at this hour but Harry just seemed to radiate the heat she needed to feel cosy, only adding to her comfort.

Ara could feel her face get warm as she continued to lie there for a moment. This had been the best sleep she'd had in a while, there had been no nightmares, no screams, just peace and safety and Harry.

Achingly slow, she lifted her head a bit to look at him, her mouth unknowingly curling up at the sight of him; His lips were slightly parted as he took in steady breaths, and his tousled hair was all over the place as some strands fell over his relaxed face and his glasses, which he apparently had forgotten to take off, were lopsided. It seemed that she wasn't the only one who had had a peaceful sleep.

Ara carefully raised her hand and gently took off his glasses, folding them and placing them aside. He didn't even stir, he just seemed so tranquil that Ara couldn't help but smile.

She found comfort between his arms, and she loved it—

What is wrong with you? Ara shook her head to try and brush those thoughts away. She was being ridiculous.

A small meow echoed from across the room, causing Ara to take her eyes off Harry and look at Venus, who was in front of the door that was still shut, lightly scratching it, indicating that she wanted to be let out so she could go eat.

Realising that she was also hungry, Ara grabbed Harry's arm that was around her waist and tried to lift it a little bit to try and get out of his hold, but was unsuccessful seeing as Harry refused to let her go and simply hugged her closer to him as he mumbled a few incoherent words in his sleep.

After many tries, Ara was finally able to unwrap herself from Harry's arms, immediately missing the warmth he provided.

She silently tiptoed across the room until she reached the door and pulled it open, letting Venus out first. She looked over her shoulder at Harry's sleeping figure one last time before fully exiting the room, gently closing the door behind her.

The house was surprisingly quiet given the fact that multiple people were currently inhabiting it, so Ara guessed it must be really early in the morning. The day, for most people who lived in the house, started around eight in the morning. However, people who were usually plagued with nightmares were up early. The Blacks and Remus were always the first up.

Ara yawned as she descended the stairs, following after Venus, who was happily trotting towards the kitchen. She'd gotten accustomed to the croaks of the stairs and the damp smell of the walls as well as the darkness that always seemed to loom over the place. She made sure to remain achingly silent when she passed her Grandmother's portrait, Kreacher wasn't polishing it yet so he must still be asleep. She glared at the portrait before she fully left it behind. When she finally reached the kitchen, she heard the usual clatter of Sirius and Atlas.