Not our end

Pov Alexia:

Me and Hope got everyone together to go and rescue Landon from triad. She called them the supersquad, she said it was something mg created. Well the supersquad and Jed walked through the school doors only to be faced by man carrying guns. "Oh, sorry. We were about to knock." One of the man says, he seems to be their leider as he stands at the front. "Who are you?"

"Name's Burr. Triad industries." He said and Hope tried to do one of her spells but it seems like it didn't work. We all look at one another before Kaleb steps up. "I got this." As soon as he moved out of the shadows his hand got burned by the sun. "What you don't got is magic. Which is why your daylight ring won't work. And what we have are stakes, wolfsbane... and other things. So I think you should invite us inside."

I look towards Hope, who is standing next to me. I look to her for the answers.. answers she doesn't seem to have. There's nothing else we can do other than letting them in, so that's exactly what we did. 

This guy Burr got everyone together to hold his speech about wanting us to hand him the artifact. I can't lie my mind is not on his speech. I've gone over every possible way to get out there, to find Landon. I'm not a vamp, so the sun won't burn me and wolfsbane isn't effective on me. It's not like I can actually do magic either so nothing really changes for me. Now the only thing keeping me here at the moment are his men keeping watch at the door. I kept my eyes on the school doors just hoping for anything... just anything at all. 

"Ale, let's go." I get pulled along with Hope but I kept my eyes on those doors. There has to be something we can do.. that I can do.  Before I know it we're in Dr.saltzmans office and Lizzie closes the door behind us. Whilst the three of them look for the schoolphone I go over to the windows looking out of it, only to find more armed guys standing in front of the school. 

"Didn't this shelf used to have books on it?" Hopes voice caught my attention making me turn towards them. "Yeah. That's weird." Josie answers her. Hope grabs the red box from the shelf and puts it on the desk to try and open it. "Whatever they're doing to block out our magic must have knocked out a cloaking spell your dad had."

"Big shocker. Dad's hiding something from us."

"Unless it has the school phone in it.. it doesn't matter." Hope syas going on with her search. I try my best to shut the twins out as they argue once again today. I watch as Hope finds the phone and immediately calls dr.saltzman. What I understood from the call is that hope didn't really seem to agree with him on something. 

"So, what do we do now?" Lizzie asks pushing herself off of the desk. "Now, we figure out a way to get our powers back, and we kick some paramilitary ass."

All of a sudden the doors open revealing Burr. "Well, at least now we know where you stand." He says making a bit of a dramatic entrance. "You're damn right we do." Hope steps forward. "You're not very scared of me, are you?" Burr reaches behind his back and pulls out a gun. "How about now?"

Hope chuckles as he aims the gun at her. "That's your plan? You're gonna shoot a kid?" That certainly is some confidence she's showing. "This gun would never harm a human child. You four, however... These bullets were formed from the mud of the malivore pit and weaponized by traid scientists. They can break the skin of any supernatural like a hot knife through butter."

"We don't know where the chalice is." Josie speaks up and something doesn't make sense to me. If they have to look for the artifact why would they have Landon, he knows where it is. If they're here for the artifact then where is Landon, what is happening with him. "I believe you. This is just for fun, really. Eeny, meeny, miney." He points the gun on Josie that's when Lizzie speaks up. "Moe." He pulls the trigger but Josie jumps in front of the bullet before it could ever hit Lizzie.