not by choice

June

At the Salvatore school the end of the year means different things, for different people. For some it's about reunions. To others it means saying goodbye. Everybody moves on, except for those who got nowhere to go... the ones like Alexia and Landon Kirby who seem to be stuck at the school. How come they got it all, but still seem so far from being truly happy.

____________

As Alexia walks around the corner she bumps into no one other than her own sister who was with her seemingly new best friend Elizabeth Saltzman. She hasn't liked Lizzie ever since she joined the school, not that she had a specific reason for it. Alexia just ignored it telling herself it's just because she reminds her of Sophia. 

"Watch where you go, you dumb-" As Sophia started Alexia cut her off, but for the first time since seeing her sister again she stayed calm. "I'm sorry, I should've paid more attention to my surrounding." Something about the calm tone Alexia used made the younger girl angrier, angry that she didn't get a reaction out of Alexia. "Look, Sophia. I don't wanna fight anymore, We're sisters and I get that we don't have to be the best of friends, but maybe be civil?"

"We might be sisters, but not by choice." 

"What did I ever do to you, that caused you to hate me that much?" Alexia has always wondered... Wondered why they couldn't be like other siblings, why did her sister have so much hate towards her. In her eyes Sophia has always had something against her, it wasn't just her thinking like people these days say. It were all the actions that caused her to believe she didn't have a family. "Fine, don't tell me. Just know that i'm actually willing to try and put aside our differences so that we can... maybe one day be sisters again."

Sophia was at a loss for words as she would have never expected this from Alexia, not after everything she took from her. "Whatever, Ale." Sophia walked past her not looking back, causing her to fail to notice that Lizzie never followed. "If you hadn't noticed, Sophia is long gone."

"I know." Lizzie said really taking in Alexia's appearance, she had never noticed the girls features before. Neither had she really thought of her as pretty, but maybe things were going to change soon and their hatred wouldn't last so long. "Are you okay?" Lizzie asked the girl mostly because she felt bad. "Fine, you get used to it eventually." 

"I- uhm- wel princess, you better go after her, otherwise she might thing you're my friend." Alexia said and how such comments normally would annoy Lizzie, it actually made her smile. "Wow, that's something i've never seen before." Lizzie shook her head walking away. 

__________________________

July

As Lizzie was in europe with her mother she was using her magic to talk with Josie, as they would call it some witchy face time. They're just catching up on things that have happened through out the week. "How's therapy going?" Josie asks as she stands up from her bed. "Uhg fine, there is this sexy swedisch guy whose session is after me on tuesdays. He is soo hot."

"Do you got any hot summer dates?" At that question Josie filled her in on her dad's state. Which shows she spends a lot of time making sure he is okay. "Are you not having fun at all? What about, wee willie winkle?" Lizzie says refering to Landon. "Landon's been keeping to himself mostly. He's always off with Raf." 

"How's Alexia?" 

"Since when do you want to know anything about Ale?" Josie asked raising her eyebrows. "Maybe i've been talking to her since I left, It's actually been quite nice... I feel like I never truly knew her before. I just wonder how she is doing, how she's really doing." Lizzie thought back to all the conversations they had over the week, they had actually become friend in such short time. She also found out they had more in common than she'd thought.