Who the hell is malachai parker

Pov Alexia: 

I woke up about an hour or two ago and i've been reading ever since I woke up. I guess me and Hope fell alseep whilst we were doing our research on the ascendant. As I'm reading I occasionally look at her to see if she's okay. 

"Morning." Hope let's out as she yawns. "Goodmorning, Hope." I put my book away to put my attention on her. "Any progress?"

"Nope, Alyssa spelled it so everytime we repair it, it just breaks again and I still got no idea how to break the spell... There's gotta be something we're overlooking." I get cut off by the door opening. "There is. Sorry, you have the wrong ascendant."

"Oh? Says who?"

 "Fam. Meet, Joshua." Dorian introduces the man and he waves at us. "And drumroll please... He's an expert on prison worlds."

"Do you mind if I." I step to the side to let him take a closer look at the ascendant. "Thank you so much. Wow,Wow,wow,wow." As he is inspecting it he gasps. "There's a linking spell on this. It produces a, a faint hum, like a melody, if you know what to listen for." He holds it next to my ear but I don't hear anything. "You clearly don't."

"When the saltzmans performed their spell on-on this ascendant, they were being tied to another... Hold this." He hands me the ascendant and I nearly drop it. I look to Hope and she gestures for me to hand her the ascendant so I do. "That witch of yours didn't send them to, you know, a new, empty prison world.  She sent them somewhere, somewhere far older and... Much more dangerous."

"And you're going to need my help to get them out."

I look to Hope to see what she thinks and it's safe to say she doesn't like this. Hope drags me to her room so the two of us can work on this ourselves. "It's worse, Ale.  The Saltzmans are stuck inside of a prison world with the guy who murdered their mother- They're all in danger." Hope says as she's preparing for a spell. 

"Alyssa must have kept the original ascendant hidden. You know she's not just gonna hand it over."

"I have to know if the Saltzmans are still alive and the only way to do that is to astral-project there."

"Okay, so we do that whilst the others are distracted by that flower."

"You're not gonna try to talk me out of it?" Hope turns to me raising her eyesbrows. I'm not sure why she'd think I would stop her. "Nope, I don't see why I would do that."

"It's- you know what, let's get this started."

Hope started her spell and soon enough she was astral-projecting. "I'm afraid I missed the part where you told me your name." I turn around quickly to be met by Joshua. "Oh, i'm Alexia."

"That's quite the name." He comes closer to me and starts staring deeply into my eyes. "Hmm, I've got my dad to thank for that." I felt really uncomfortable with him looking at me. I sit down on Hopes bed and take out my book to read in hopes that he would stop staring at me. "That's the gemini journal isn't it?" He points at my book and I nod. "You read it?"

"It's quite the story, how'd you get your hands on it?"

"My mother gave it to me, It's about my dad." All of a sudden Hope gasps getting out of her spell. "How'd all that go?" Joshua asks her letting go of our previous conversation. "It didn't, I couldn't reach them."

I lay my eyes on the pictures in my book and I look from the picture to Joshua and back. I look at the back of the picture and it says malachai parker, it took me only seconds to put two and two together, Joshua is Malachai. 

"Did you need something?" Hope asks and he starts sniffling around the room until his eyes land on a stuffed animal. He takes it and rips off the head pulling out the ascendant. "Now all you need is something that has the equivalent power of a celestial event."