XXXiii| Through the snow

Italics: Finnish

●▬▬▬▬▬ ⋆🧊🇫🇮 ⋆ ▬▬▬▬▬●

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : Endless Summer

"I got that feeling again 

like it's an endless summer."

There were times when Anneli Räikkönen confused Max Verstappen

There were times when Anneli Räikkönen confused Max Verstappen. There was a time when she made him laugh or smile at her. She had yet to make him cry, which was always good. However, up until now, Max had never been scared of Anneli.

He trusted her and her driving...but she showed no remorse for the harsh terrain of the Switerzland mountains. 

It was the first time he'd seen how she lived in the place she grew up and where she planned to live for the foreseeable future. She thrived in the snow, seemingly unbothered by the cold at all or the wind that would blow her ponytail behind her. When she was driving, she didn't flinch when her wheel slid slightly or if a piece of ice fell on her window from a tree. It was just Anneli.

Max knew what the movie Frozen was from his previous girlfriend's daughter and understood why Anneli's sister referred to her as such.

On the other hand, Max was sure that if he wasn't as laid back as he was, Anneli's family would have scared him by now. Every time Kimi talked to Anneli in Finnish, Max swore it was about him amplified by the fact Kimi would glance at him.

Kimi liked Max but he wasn't going to let him know that.

After a few days, Anneli made a joke out of the fact she and her dad talked about Max without him being able to understand before offering to teach her Finnish so he could. Max naturally accepted even though part of him did find it funny.

"What was it this time?" Max questioned as they left the house.

"Dad has been trying to stop me closing my bedroom door while you're here," Anneli joked, kissing Max's cheek,"I remind him that we are adults and we are not—"

"Oh my god," Max snorted. "I get the point. I bet he did not like that?"

"No," Anneli smirked. "But now he will stop treating me like a thirteen-year-old with a teenage boy in her room even if you are as immature—"

"I'm offended."

"You should be."

Max and Anneli laughed at each other as they drove through the snowy areas. Surprisingly, Max wasn't a bad passenger and didn't try to take over which Anneli liked. Sometimes he'd make small comments when Anneli got frustrated at other drivers but because they were reasonably far out from town, there weren't that many people around.