chapter five, moon six (B)

MahoganyClan held the Gathering in a sandy basin. In the middle stood a large boulder, large enough for the four leaders to comfortably (and regally) stand on while they overlooked the clans.

However, the only cat atop the boulder for now was Moorstar; the graceful leader of MahoganyClan. Her dark silver fur was shimmering royally in the moonlight, giving her a StarClan-esque glow.

"What's living in LavenderClan like?" Longpaw asked Floweringpaw, the black tom giving his shoulder a lick.

"Well... it's very foresty, and we eat a lot of mice," Floweringpaw replied, unsure what kind of answer the MoonstoneClan apprentice was looking for. Longpaw's whiskers twitch in amusement. "What's MoonstoneClan like?"

"Well," He replied, mocking Floweringpaw, "It's very pondy, and we eat a lot of fish."

Floweringpaw giggled. She tried to swat Longpaw in the face, but the tom towered over her so much she could hardly reach.

"Making friends already, Longpaw?" A light brown she-cat asked, sitting delicately beside the dark-furred apprentice.

"Oh!" Longpaw cleared his throat. "Floweringpaw, this is Treepaw, Treepaw, Floweringpaw."

"Nice to meet you, Floweringpaw!" She greeted the LavenderClan apprentice with an enthusiastic grin.

"You too," Floweringpaw meowed.

"You're that... LavenderClan cat, right? The one Dovenettle had trouble with?"

UGH, that was ALL anyone would talk about. Yes. Yes, I was. Want to write it on a log and stick it to my forehead?

"Yes... haha, Sunclaw and Adderfur really gave me an earful after that," Floweringpaw replied with a laugh and a fake smile.

Applestar leaped on top of the boulder and Floweringpaw looked away from the two other apprentices.

The blue-gray MoonstoneClan she-cat from before jumped up alongside Applestar, and a black tom followed her. Moorstar cleared her throat.

"Cats of all clans, welcome. MahoganyClan is proud to host this moon's gathering." The she-cat declared. The attending cats cheered, although Moorstar's clan was the loudest.

"We gather here tonight under the oath issued to us by StarClan: to have a peaceful meeting and for no fighting to occur. Daystar?" Moorstar beckoned the blue-gray leader to speak. She cleared her throat.

"MoonstoneClan is doing very well." A few MahoganyClan cats grumbled at her statement. "We have plenty of prey, and Lyricalfin has blessed us with new kits."

"Of course, they have plenty of prey!" Floweringpaw heard a MahoganyClan cat hiss quietly amidst the cheers coming from other clans about the new kits.

"We also have two new apprentices, Longpaw and Swiftpaw!" Longpaw proudly puffed up his chest next to Floweringpaw. Treepaw tried to intertwine tails with the tom, but he shrunk away, flicking his tail far from Treepaw's reach. Daystar gave one last nod, finishing her report.

Applestar stepped up to speak about LavenderClan next. "We also have new apprentices this moon; Briarpaw, Floweringpaw, and Thrushpaw."

Floweringpaw lifted her chin and held herself high; every cat in the basin was staring at her. She saw Briarpaw, proud as well but also slightly embarrassed.

"As for prey, LavenderClan has never been better set. Our warriors are happy and healthy," Applestar concluded his announcements and backed up to let JadeClan's leader speak.