The Day We Met

(a/n): don't forget to vote if u like this book so far, it helps me out and keeps me updated to write more!!

anyway enjoy reading x

-

you are crossing the ever so familiar hallway of your apartment complex in order to leave for grocery shopping, you have put it off due to procrastination and depression for a long time now. it is a day like any other, night time has dawned upon the city and the chirping birds have gone to sleep which is ironic for a city that never seems to sleep.

the sky is starry and the moon is luminating the street you have just stepped foot on. the clouds are assimilated of rain drops that hit the ground in a fast motion, it is chaotic yet satisfying at the same time to witness the heavy rain encompassing you. 

suddenly, your eye collides with someone very familiar. you two lock gazes. he is standing just a few steps away from you. it's elijah best...

the people around you are caught up in their own worlds, they are fast and unbothered. this is the kind of crowd you are passing through with a hurry. adrenaline rush is all you feel and he is on the same page. he's dying to get to you. 

you hear your feet splash against water puddles on the road and you let the rain droplets hit your face freely. you stand out amongst the passerbys who bolt past you with their dull colored umbrellas. wet hair razes over your face and you are in a  confused and dazed because of seeing him. again.

and that's when you two run into each other, your shoulders collide with his.

he lets out a groan and looks into your eyes with love, desperation and relief. oh that sweet touch of yours and your eyes, your smile, everything. he remembers it lovingly and craves it so much. he thinks you look as beautiful as ever and the webs of memories he has with you are endearing.

his hair is imperfectly perfect and he seems flustered and in love. every single memory, chat, date, kiss, emotion, night, cup of coffee you two shared pans out in your mind in the form of flashbacks. painful yet fond memories. he also has many reminiscents of you. 

he was very happy to be with you in the this moment.

but first we have to back up a bit to meet all the circumstances that brought you to this very road, face to face with elijah again. it's funny how things work out a certain way.

now, let's start with the day you two first met,

-

"i am a bit nervous about this man-" elijah stated while unloading the cans of beer, that his brother and friends had just brought, onto the table. 

ethan replied while popping a can, "i know dude buying an apartment of your own is a big step. We've have lived with our parents for the longest time then we bought a house together and became roommates. point is, you've never been alone. this must be scary but you got this. i believe in you." ethan gave advise like a wise old man despite only being 40 minutes older than his twin brother. 

"now get on with this house warming party! the guests will start pouring any minute now!" ethan added on.

elijah smiled and tried to push aside the warm and fuzzy feelings he felt inside, "you know the reason i moved out is because you were annoying as fuck-"

"yeah thanks man, i miss you too." ethan rolled his eyes. 

elijah's friends were having a look around his new apartment while he continued to have a chat with his brother.