Love Hate

-

it was official.

you had spent a total of 3 weeks in your dream city, doing your dream job. you were living the dream though something felt off. everything was going perfect except for one thing.

elijah.

it's like he had left without a trace. you had gotten worried so in that last week you had tried to call him sooo many times but he never picked up. not a single call. you tried his instagram and twitter as well but no luck. maybe he blocked me, you thought.

you were angry at him but worried about him. you hated him but you loved him. it was complicated.

you walked the streets with a lot of thoughts in your mind, they were mostly about elijah. you grabbed a couple snacks on your way back home as isha was visiting you that evening. maybe, she'd give you answers about elijah. finally. you hoped.

you sat down on the couch and gazed at the clock which read 7 pm and as expected isha showed up fashionably late. she was meant to be here at 5:30 but you were happy that she had made it.

you two hugged and immediately started reminiscing about the old days.

"isha dude i am sorry! i got off work late yesterday so i wasn't able to cook anything but i got you a packet of m n m's and more snacks!" you said.

she laughed, "wow y/n moving to the city hasn't changed you whatsoever!" she joked.

"but don't worry. we are best friends!! you don't have to treat me like a stranger or a guest! i am family! " she continued.

"let me at least make you some coffee." you offered and went into the kitchen.

isha followed behind you, "i'll help you."

you two started working on two cups of coffee.

"so y/n how's new york been treating you and what's up at work!" she asked.

you sighed, "work's been good. i get along very well with my boss. she's usually happy with my work and new york well- the weather, the vibe, the big buildings, the culture. i basically like everything about the city..."

"what about you all? how's everything with everyone?" you wanted to extract answers from isha.

she replied, "sub is busy with work that's why he couldn't come today.... dylan is on vacation with his family and ethan is working on a new coding project and i am here with you! and that's pretty much about it! " she followed that up with a suspicious high pitched laugh.

"isha you missed someone. what about elijah?"

"uhh who now?" she tried to act confused.

you laughed, "isha cmon! i am asking about elijah! where is he?"

"he's at where he usually is haha!" she poured two cups of coffee for the both of you.

you carried the cups to the table, "and where would that be?"

"the place y/n you know- the place! " she sat down on the table with you.

"isha! can you give me straight answers for once! what the fuck is up with you and elijah! he never picks up my calls. is he okay? does he hate me now? or do i hate him?" you lost it and went all out on isha due to frustration.

she put her hand over yours to comfort you, "it's nothing like that.."

you continued, "the night before i went to new york... we slept together and the next day we talked on the phone and after that elijah just vanished... what the fuck is wrong with him? i don't understand isha. am i to blame?  did i do something wrong or is he just a dickhead!" you felt angry.

isha got up and hugged you from the side, "babe it's nothing like that. please clam down. don't be angry. no one's to blame. "

"then give me answers isha! why is elijah acting like this! is he okay? did he get a new girlfriend or did he go back to his ex? or did he get a new roommate?" you bombarded her with questions.

she replied, "worry about yourself y/n. you say you are enjoying new york and your new job but all you talk about is elijah! you are so hung up on him!"

"but-"

she spoke over you and shushed you.

"shut up. we are having a girls night out tonight and you are not gonna be a pathetic ass buzzkill there." she informed you.

you nodded and went along with it. isha had never been one to show tough love but today was the day. isha was still isha but she was showing you her tough side.

you two went out for drinks, shopping and at last to a restraunt to end the day with some food. isha was wasted but you managed to stay sober. it was a long day, you were tired and isha passed out on the couch.

you walked into your bedroom and threw yourself on the bed with a heavy heart. the girls night out was fun since you got to catch up with isha and hang out with her. Though, girls night out didn't give you the answers you were looking for.

you still wondered what the hell elijah was doing and where was he? and isha's odd behavior made you even more curious.

you needed answers...