I'm Here For You

(a/n): don't forget to vote if u like this book so far, it helps me out and keeps me updated to write more!!

anyway enjoy reading x

-

the atmosphere of the room dropped when you entered thru the front door with a visible upset look on your face, elijah immediately noticed this and watched you walk in a defeated manner to the couch in order to sit on it.

he gave you a moment before asking, "are you okay y/n?" in a soft voice.

"i didn't get it." you mumbled regarding the job while looking down at your feet.

elijah placed his hand on your shoulder in an attempt to comfort you.

"i thought i'd at least have a shot- but i didn't, who am i kidding!" you uttered.

elijah pulled you in for a tight hug from the side, "y/n it's okay! i am here for you..."

"a part of me feels like their judgement was unfair but a part of me also feels like i wasn't even worthy of that job position in the first place..." you opened up. there was a crack in your voice which let elijah know that you were on the verge of tears.

"oh don't think like that sweetheart!..." elijah spoke to you.

you broke off the hug and he caught a glimpse of you which revealed you had started crying now. there were tears flowing down and staining your cheeks.

"don't cry y/n! if you cry i am gonna cry too." he said in a grumpy tone.

"it's tears elijah not the flu, it isn't contagious!" you wiped it off and tried to hide it all.

he looked at you, "ok how about i make harissa sauce pasta? there ain't anything that a little harissa sauce pasta can't fix!" he smiled. he knew it was your favorite food dish.

you sighed, "this is something that even food can't fix. i am fucking done elijah. i am done with this city! the people! the jobs! everything!" you raised your voice.

"don't be so cynical y/n." elijah got up and started walking to the kitchen to make pasta anyways.

"you don't understand. i am sick and tired of this shit. i am done." you stormed into your room leaving behind elijah.

-

(two hours later)

the failure had sent you down a big fat nap from which you woke up and decided to go into the kitchen to grab a quick snack then lock yourself in your room for the rest of the day. that was your plan.

though, on the way to the kitchen something very interesting caught your eye. in the side of the living room you spotted a fort made out of pillows and blankets and elijah was standing right by it's gate held up by two mis-matched curtains. elijah had his arms crossed as if he was the bouncer of a club and not a pillow fort.

"you are a little baby." it made you laugh a bit while continuing your walk to the kitchen.

"what now y/n? " he asked.

you opened the fridge and let your eyes scan for something to eat while replying, "why do you have a whole pillow fort up? you are a wee old baby still."

you let out a huff when you realized there was nothing ready to eat in the fridge so you closed it. in the mean time, elijah gave you a reply, "fair enough then you are not allowed in the fort." he went inside.

"oh yeah?" you approached him and his pillow fort.

"you are not allowed! go away!" he yelled from inside in a sassy tone.

"oh, is that how it is!? " you had to break into his fort now because you sensed a challenge incoming.

you barged into the pillow fight and got into a playful tackling fight with elijah amidst which he yelled, "my fort, my rules!" but you kept going till he surrendered.

you two sat down on the floor which was surprisingly cozy, you noticed how well elijah had set this place up. there were bedsheets laid out on the floor, a pillow and a blanket to share. there was elijah's laptop sitting on the side as well.

"as janky as the outside of the fort looked, i must admit it looks pretty cool from the inside." you made yourself comfortable.

elijah shot you a 'i knew you'd come around' smile.

"so you wanna watch a movie?" he asked.

"well duh." you pointed at the laptop. it was there and ready.

he smiled, "we'll watch your favorite. you get to pick. "

"y/f/m/n." (your favourite movie name) you replied and elijah put it on.

a good half an hour into the movie is when you realized all the snacks surrounding the floor from bag of chips to popcorn and even oreo packects. you realized elijah must have emptied out the fridge to get you into the fort.

"did you make this pillow fort to cheer me up?" you looked at him.

"no y/n i built it because i am immature and a wee old baby!" he rolled his eyes.

you punched his shoulder to get the truth out of him, "elijah!"

"yeah okay! i built the fort to cheer you up and distract you from everything going on..." he said truthfully.

you sighed, "but why a fort? "

elijah let out a chuckle, "i know it's a stupid idea! but when you refused the pasta i was like- my mind just went blank but then i got a random idea to build a pillow fort. it was my best bet so i rolled with it. " he explained.

"you may not know it y/n but i care about you and i am here for you, always..." elijah continued.

"this pillow fort is the stupidest and the sweetest thing ever. i love it elijah." you rested your head on his shoulder, this put a big smile on his face because his mission to cheer you up became successful.

and there it went. your disappointment regarding today's job interview and the awkward tension between you and elijah because of last night washed away.

you two continued watching the movie and when it ended, you two slept off the night in each other's arms, cuddling.