41

SACRIFICE: 41

Yoon Jeonghan of Carat Estates has recently cancelled his marriage with Jang Soojin of Carat Exhibitions, now he announced the upcoming marriage of him and Choi Minji of HJ Estates

CEO Yoon Jeonghan of Carat Estates announces marriage with the daughter of CEO Choi Jinho, Choi Minji.

Tuesday morning.

The female strolled through the hallways of the office, her flats clicking against the vinyl flooring after every step. All the workers stood up from their swivel chairs to bow at her, she greeted them in response to their manners.

She was dressed in a pair of brown trousers along with a tight, black low-neck shirt that she tucked into her pants. She completed her outfit with a matching brown blazer along with her black flats. Her hair was tied into a high pony tail, curtain bangs framing her face.

Minji slid into her office, opening the blinds and placing her black purse onto the hanger as she took a seat onto the rolling chair.

She logged into the large computer, her fingers gliding across the key board as she typed the passcode in. Her thoughts were filled with last nights event, making her space out.

Her trance was soon interrupted when a knock rose upon the door, "Come in!"

Stepping into her office was a familiar black-haired male. He was dressed in an up-right suit along with a leather satchel that hung around his clothed body.

"Morning." The Jeon greeted, closing the door behind him.

"Morning, Wonwoo. What's up?" She questioned, leaning onto her arms that laid on the edge of the desk.

The male scanned through her outfit, from her head down to her fingers. He noticed the shining piece of jewellery adorning her left finger on her right hand. He must've already proposed, I guess I was too late. He internally sighed.

"It's my last day here today." Wonwoo informed, a faint smile plastered on his lips.

"What?" Her eyes enlarged, "Why? What? What happened?" She bombarded him with questions that slipped out of curiosity.

A chuckle fell from the other's lips, "After Jeonghan's father got appointed CEO. There was a project that he had in mind. It's called the 'Establishment of Carat Banking Corporation' and he chose my father to be the CEO. So, I'm moving to his company."

"Ah... That's good. I'll miss teaching you." Minji frowned, sinking into her seat.

"Don't worry. We'll can still see each other. Thanks for helping me in the past month, I learnt a lot from you." The Jeon expressed, fixing his glasses. I can't say it. I have to say it. I can't, I'm not ready. It's too late.

A grin etched onto the Choi's face, "You were a good student. I'll watch you become CEO now." She winked, thinking back to the times where Wonwoo comforted her about this so-called chairman agenda.

"I'll get to see you at your wedding. You'll invite me, right?"

Her lips slightly parted, eyebrows furrowing. "How did you know? Did Jeonghan tell you?" Even the thought of him was so pleasing, brightening her day already.

"I don't where these glasses for no reason. I can see the ring on your finger." Wonwoo smartly remarked.

"Wow. I should give you an award for that." Minji joked.

"Congratulations, though."

"Thank you." The Choi smiled at him, "Since it's your last day, how about we skip work and go eat? It's gonna be like the last time we see each other for a while. Starting a company takes a while and a lot of work." She suggested.

If Jeonghan finds out, he'll kill me. "Sorry, thanks for the offer but I think I should finish my work for the last time and I have a few plans set afterwards." He uttered, sacrificing his own chance for his friend.

Minji hummed in response, as a signal that she understood. "It's okay. You're such a good worker. I'll check up on you later in the day. Don't forget to bid me a goodbye, okay?"

"Don't worry." Wonwoo chuckled, waving at the female before exiting the office.

"Dad!" The female cheered when she arrived home, quickly sliding through the front door and passing by the house maids that bowed at her. "I'm getting-"

Her feet halted when she reached the living room, where six people sat across the couches, laughing and chattering as they drank.

"Yes? You're getting? Married?" Her father chuckled after taking a sip of his wine, turning over to his daughter that froze at the sight of the two families. "Say hello to the Yoon family."

Minji habitually bowed and smiled at the guests, locking direct eye contact with a specific male that smirked at her. This time, she wasn't annoyed or irritated by his stares, she finally felt recognised and loved.

"Congratulations Minji. Treat my son well." Jeonghan's father joked, his shoulders bouncing as he giggled. His remark seemed to have entertained the other elders in the space.

"Congratulations. I can't wait to help you plan." His mother smiled, her legs were politely crossed and she tilted her head, observing the standing female fondly.

"Congratulations, my daughter. I hope that handsome young man treats you right." The elder Choi nodded his head over to the male that sat relaxed in his seat on the couch.

"Congrats, Min!" Junghwa beamed, a wide grin plastered on her lips as she winked at the other.

The female only bowed in response, What a bitch. Didn't even congratulate her own fucking daughter about marriage. Something she could beg on for days. Minji internally scoffed, referring to her step-mother that stayed quiet once she entered the room.

She cheekily nodded her head over to the stairs, signalling for her 'fiance' to come up with her. He complied quickly, announcing his leave and jogging over to the female, embracing her as soon as he reached her.

"This is cringe. This doesn't seem like you." Minji commented while squished by the other, leading him up the stairs.

"Well, you must get used to it. I don't even know why I'm like this either." Jeonghan tsk-ed, following his partner until they reached her room.

"Did you tell them? Your friends and family."

"My sister told my family before I did. She helped me with the proposal that you rejected." He responded, a playful sneer between his words. "I haven't told most of friends yet other than Cheol and Shua, I plan to tell the rest later on when we go out for soccer."

The Choi nodded, "I guess you already have another one that knows."

I'm starting to plan a new book heheheh i found that gang stuff is more of my shit when writing and bad news

I'm starting to plan a new book heheheh i found that gang stuff is more of my shit when writing and bad news........it may be based on the same person