Normal Day

The next day, Ghost awoke to find Tito painting a billboard about seeing the world's fastest snail. She was on Paz's shoulder as the woman opened the garage. But a paint roller fell behind them and Tito called out to the mechanic. 

"Sorry, Paz! Can you throw that up here?!" Ghost shook her head as they went into the shop. 

"He's gone crazy, Ghost. Let's head over to the salon, we ain't got costumers today." Paz took some money and left for the nail salon. 

"You want Jackson Five on your feet? One Jackson pure toe." Paz put the magazine she was reading down. "Sure, knock yourself out." 

Ghost shook her head and continued to read the article with Paz. 

After that, Ghost was with the crew in the shop. All of them talking and just hanging out, like old friends. 

"So, your old name was Jenny?" Ghost shook her head with a laugh at Skid's question. "Yeah, my parents were creative, weren't they?"

Burn then had an idea. "Oh, let's decorate your shell a bit. That way you really look like a ghost on the track." 

Skid and Burn took the new shell off Ghost as she drew up some designs, most of them involving skulls or crosses. But she settled on one design that fit her goth style perfectly. So, she got to work painting her shell with a little help. 

(A/n: Not my art, credit goes to original artist

(A/n: Not my art, credit goes to original artist.) 

They worked almost all nigh to get the details just right. And the next day it was ready, the crew sat on a toolbox as Tito explained how and why they should enter Turbo in the Indi 500. Seems like a good idea. 

"He's making sense, plus Turbo can finally live his dream." Whiplash had to agree with the gothic snail. "Yeah, now we just gotta get him to the race." 

Ghost had a thought. "We could hijack a bus." 

The humans then left, not going with Tito's crazy plan. It made Chet happy, but not the crew and turbo. Tito put Turbo with the other snails before leaving. 

"Ah, well. Good try, you did your best. Time to go home, Theo, Jenny." Ghost smirked as Skid trapped Chet under a plastic cup. 

"Sorry, big bro. We're going to Indianapolis." Whiplash nodded. "Don't you worry your chubby, little face about that." 

Burn kissed the cup where Chet's lips were, leaving behind a lipstick impression. 

"All right, team!" Whiplash cracked his neck, and the others did the same thing as Ghost brought some walkie talkies. "Snail Up!" 

Ghost smirked as Whip got on top of the cup Chet was in and she got on the walkie talkie so she could operate it. Soon, Smoove and Shadow got the Starlight tour bus to the plaza. 

"I always wanted to hijack a bus, scratch that off the bucket list." 

Whiplash spoke through the walkie. "Burn, let's get this party started!" 

"You know it!" Burn used a nail gun to shoot out two of the bus's tires. "Snailed it!"  

Ghost looked to Skid's position. "Hey, Skid, you bring the refreshments?!" 

The bus skidded to a stop as Skidmark used bottles to pop the other two tires. Whiplash was laughing like a maniac and Ghost was laughing more normally, if Harly Quin's laugh was normal. 

"Light it up, Turbo!" Whiplash turned to the billboard where Turbo was. "Do your thing, little bro!" 

Turbo used his speed and the light that came with it to show off the billboard. And soon the plaza was busy, women getting their nails done, guys and kids getting toys at Bobby's, and Paz fixing up the bus. Tito and his brother Angelo made tacos for everyone. 

Later the snails were helping Tito clean a bit, only for someone to slam an envelope of money down on the table. 

It was Paz who did it. "You better not mess this up, Tito." 

Chet was not happy. "Oh no." 

"Oh yes. We're going to Indianapolis, Chet!" The crew started celebrating, and Ghost smirked at Whip. "Yeah, can't wait to see the track!" 

They all piled into Tito's food truck and were driving to the Indi 500.