The Race

Ghost was ready to see Turbo race, she was confident her little brother can win. She was nervous too; she had this feeling he's gonna need her and the crew more than ever now. 

"Everyone ready?" Whiplash made sure the snail crew was geared up and ready to go. 

"Yeah!" 

"Let's do it!" 

Cheers were among the crew members as Bobby picked the tray they were on up and made his way into the truck. Course, Tito made some modifications so that they could make a grand entrance to the track. 

Ghost slid up to Turbo as he looked out one of the windows. "Hey, you ready for this?" 

Turbo turned to look at his older sister and looked down. "Do you really think I can do this? Aren't you worried like Chet?" 

"Remember when we were kids and we used to bounce on overripe tomatoes for fun?" He nodded as he looked into Ghost's eyes. "Yeah, I remember. I had so much fun, even though I fell off a few times." 

Ghost smirked as she spoke. "I was worried you wouldn't like it, because Chet tried to talk me out of doing that. Me and Chet worry differently. He worries about danger; I worry about whether or not you keep being you." 

Turbo smiled as Ghost took on a softer smile as she gave her brother a pep talk. "Don't give up, because that is something for quitters to do. And you, lil' bro, aren't a quitter. Tear up the track, Turbo." 

The brother and sister hugged before Ghost went back over to the crew as Tito did the over-the-top entrance into the pits. 

Tito carried Turbo to his place at the starting line as the snail crew stayed with him to wish him luck. Ghost smiled proudly at her little brother, even though he seemed nervous again. 

"You got this, baby bro." Ghost gave her last words of encouragement before the race was about to start.

The CEO then came out and started the race by announcing for the drivers and Turbo to start their engines. The cars were so loud and powerful that the ground started to shake, making the snails bounce a bit. 

Skid sounded weird as he said. "It's like an earthquake! I love it! Is it weird that I love it!?" 

Bobby picked up the crew as everyone, but the drivers, were supposed to be on the track. Whiplash then shouted to Turbo as Bobby stood. "See you in the winner's circle, garden snail!" 

Smoove even shouted some positive affirmation. "Easy to the Breezy, baby!" 

With everyone off the track, the cars and snail started moving. The race was on when the green flag was waved, and everyone was on edge, especially Ghost. "He's got this. I know he does."  

Whip saw her nervousness and stood close to her so he could comfort her. "Easy, sugar." 

"Sugar?" Ghost looked at him with a 'are you serious' look, but then had a shit eating grin as she focused back on the race. "Fine, if that's how you wanna play it, babe." 

 Burn chuckled as she popped her gum. "You both are adorable." 

Ghost saw how her brother was racing, and he wasn't doing so well. He was trying to drive like an Indi car instead of a snail. "What is he-?! He's driving like an Indi car!" 

"That ain't good." Smoove and Skid then jumped on the bandwagon. "He's gonna get himself killed!" 

Whiplash yelled out to Turbo even though he couldn't hear him. "Come on, garden snail! Get your head in the game!" 

It was soon time for the drivers to pull into the pits and when Tito, Paz, Bobby and the nail salon lady who Ghost never learned the name of tried to help Turbo, they didn't do so well. So, the snails there took over. "That's it! This pit crew is officially under new management!"