Bonus Chapter!

The crew was in the country for a food and hot air ballon festival. Tito was making is signature tacos in his truck as the FAST crew was enjoying the fresh air outside. 

"Ah, it's good to be out of the big city. Now and then." Turbo was pretty happy being there.

Whiplash didn't seem to agree. "What's so good about it? We drove six hours into the middle of nowhere for a food festival." 

Ghost shook her head at his attitude. "Come on, babe. It's the Napa Valley Floating Food Festival." 

"Am I supposed to be impressed? No racing, no stunts, the craziest thing they do up here is stomp grapes." He was still trying to deny it and Ghost could see something wrong. 

White-Shadow was excited though. "Oh! That sounds awesome! I wanna stomp some grapes!" 

Ghost chuckled at the large snail's excitement, but Whip wasn't letting up at all. "Trust me, it gets old real fast." 

Burn raised a brow at this. "How would you know?" 

"Um, I mhm." He was hesitating but then someone seemed to recognize him, and that made Ghost suspicious. 

"Chubby Snail! Aw! Is it?! It is!" The old cricket jumped over to Whiplash and started to talk with him as if he knew the dark purple snail. "It's Chubby Snail! All grown up!" 

Ghost giggled as the elder pinched Whiplash's cheeks. 

Whip pulled away from the cricket. "I don't know who you think you're talking too, old timer. I ain't your friend, and I ain't chubby." He then activated his jet and zoomed away. 

Burn looked to Ghost, and the goth snail smirked. "He's not wrong about the not being chubby part." 

The crew then zoomed after Whiplash and caught up with him. "That was weird." 

Ghost and Turbo were on both sides of Whip as they raced around. "Yeah, babe, are you hiding something?" 

"Uh, yeah, uh. Hey! How about a race around the valley!" He changed the subject and the rest of the crew agreed to the race. 

Turbo and Ghost shared a look, they knew Whiplash enough to know he was both hiding something and not acting like his usual tough self. He usually told Ghost everything, so she knew he wasn't being himself. 

"Yeah, it'll be a great way to explore this area, that I've definitely never been to before." Okay, this was getting more suspicious by the minute. 

The crew raced down the road and eventually made it to a park. Skidmark stopped after seeing something on a sign. "Hey, Chubby Snail!" 

Whip stopped and got in Skid's face. "That's not my name!" 

"No, the sign." The crew came back over and on the sign was a tiny, purple snail getting his cheek pinched. 

"So, that's Chubby Snail." Turbo realized. 

Burn though pointed something out. "It does kinda look like Whiplash." 

Whiplash glared at the red snail. "Just saying." He glared harder. "Just a little bit." Harsher glare. "I'll be quiet." 

Ghost tilted her head. "Aw, so cute." 

Shadow agreed. "Aw! They're pinching his cheek." The large snail tried to pinch Whiplash's cheek, but the leader leaned away. 

"You best back off if you wanna keep those eyes." With that White Shadow left him alone. 

Turbo then had an idea. "Hey, maybe we should check it out. Maybe sample these famous grapes." 

The rest of the team agreed, except Whiplash. "Hey! I thought we were racing here! Don't make me raise my voice!"