True Motivation

Ghost teared up as she saw all of this, part of herself seemed broken as she witnessed her brother give up on his dream. "He can't give up like this." 

Burn looked up as she heard someone yell. "Is that Chet?!" 

Bang-Bang-Bang! Three crows landed around the six snails, each cawing to try and scare them. But it didn't work as Whiplash and Ghost slid forward. 

Ghost was the first to say something. "Listen, birds. I've had way too many emotions today." 

Whip then gave his signature smirk. "So, we're gonna pretend we didn't hear what we clearly just heard."

The six managed to get onto the crows and control them with makeshift reins to save Chet, who was hanging from a balloon. "Long time no see, Chet!" 

Ghost was driving the crow and laughing in happiness. "Woo!" 

The crow then started acting up, but the female snail reined it in by yelling. "Don't test me, Crow!" 

Skid steered the crow him, Smoove, and Shadow were riding to pop the balloon Chet was hanging from. "White-Shadow!" 

Burn caught him on her crow and the group made the crows go up before diving towards the track. Everyone was whooping and laughing, except for Chet. 

"Is this really necessary?!" Ghost answered as her crow went next to Chet's. "Nope! But it's fun!" 

The crows spread their wings and circled before Chet called out to Turbo. "Theo!" 

Then Ghost yelled to him. "Theo!" 

That seemed to work as Turbo came out of his shell and everyone landed near him, Burn hopping off her bird so Chet could have his moment. 

"Chet, Ghost?" 

Chet told him what to do. "Finish this!" 

Turbo looked to his shell before looking down. "But I can't." 

"Oh, yes you can, baby bro." Ghost wasn't having any on the negativity right now. "I've seen you practice your win for years." 

Chet agreed. "She's right, and you were right. It is in you. It's always been in you. Now I didn't just face every fear known to snail kind to watch you hide in your shell. Me and Jenny are sitting on crows! For crying out loud!" 

Ghost's crow started acting up again and she hit it this time to calm it down. "Don't even think about it." She then looked to Turbo. "Our little brother never gives up. It's the best thing about you, baby bro." 

Chet then finished their speech. "So, you get out there and you win this. Turbo." 

Turbo smiled and Ghost nodded for him to keep going. And even without any superspeed he kept going, even with the snail's pace he was determined to win. 

"Son of a gun." Whiplash and Ghost looked at each other then back to Turbo as they smiled proudly at their little brother/student. 

But then one of the cars was flipped by Gange and he tried to start his car, but it backfired. He then started to drag the car towards the finish line. 

Ghost jumped off her crow and landed on Paz's shoulder as they raced through the crowd to warn Turbo. 

"Hey, snail! He's gradually gaining on you!" The nail salon woman yelled. 

Gange's car got stuck on some metal pieces and the man tried to stomp on Turbo. But then Chet shouted to his brother with Ghost having the same idea. 

"Turbo! Tuck and Roll!" 

Turbo listened as he tucked into his shell and summersaulted to the finish line, and everything was in slow motion as Gange tried to jump to cross it. 

But as the man landed, Turbo was pushed over the finish line. 

The checkered flags waved as the crowd erupted in cheers. Ghost even flipped off Paz's shoulder to celebrate with the crew. 

"Woo! My Little Brother Won The Indi 500!" 

The crew, Turbo, the Starlight Plaza people, all were now getting the trophy and Tito and the humans held it high as their picture was taken. 

A few Weeks Later

The crew was watching as the plaza was crowded with people. Bobby recently got into designing shells for snails that kids bring in. Paz works on muscle cars and her new employees might be fighting for her affection. The nail salon was packed with ladies ready to get their nails done. 

Even Dos Bros was doing very well with a line around the block to get some food. 

Ghost looked to her little brother; he had a bandage on his shell so it could heal. "I'm really proud of you, little bro." 

"Take a look at this place." 

Whiplash looked to Turbo. "Like I said. Your skills have truly paid the bills." 

Smoove agreed. "Yeah, bills." 

Music then played as Tito pulled in with a new food truck, the sign even had Turbo on it. Paz then opened the back and a new track popped out. It had loops, jumps, and even a flaming hoop. "All racers to the starting line!" 

Everyone looked to Turbo. "Hey, T, you gonna be okay without some fancy, magic superpowers?" 

Ghost smirked at her brother's answer. "Sure. Never stopped any of you." 

Turbo then flipped off the sign they were sitting on and used a wrapper as a parachute to get to the track. The crew followed landing on the track while Tito spoke with Turbo. 

Ghost cracked her neck as she smirked. "Now this is my kind of race. Don't cry too much when I blow you away, babe." 

Whiplash smirked back and chuckled. "We'll see about that, sugar." 

Turbo was then placed right next to Ghost; he had a fancy and sleek new racing shell now. It was Ghost's design and the crew loved it. 

"Oh, that's nice." 

A siren then lit up as Chet slid onto the track with an ambulance shell. He was making the siren noises before he cleared his throat and addressed the racers. "Okay, listen up! Let's have a nice safe race today, don't want any accidents. That being said-." He looked at Ghost and Turbo. "Blow them off the track, you two." 

Burn then slid up to Chet. "Mm, I love a man in uniform, for real." 

Chet chuckled. "Simmer down, Boo. I'm on duty here." 

Chet got off the track as Paz raised a flag. "On your mark." 

Whiplash looked to Turbo. "Alright so you got a new shell. Mhm, but can yours do this? Hit it, sugar!" 

Ghost activated her shell, making what looked like two small powerful engines form from her shell. Her skull design turning to a flaming, screaming phantoms on both. A number 25 on it. 

Burn was next as blowtorch engines formed from her shell. Smoove's racing engines were actually large speakers. Skid had a giant fan, while White-Shadow had monster truck tires. Whip had a jet engine. 

"Get set!" 

A glow then came from Turbo and the crew smiled as his power seemed to have come back. Seems he needed to heal before racing again. 

"Go!" Paz dropped the flag. 

And the crew tore down the track with a yell. 

THE END!