That Snail is Fast!

The snail crew was on the roof of the food truck, they tethered White-Shadow with some tooth floss and were hanging on as he was paragliding over the road. 

"Indi Baby!" 

"My turn next!" Turbo looked to his sister; he's never seen her this happy before. Plus, he noticed that Whiplash and Ghost sent looks to each other. It wasn't the 'you're my friend' looks, it was the 'I might got a thing for you look'.

The snails each took turn paragliding and then went inside the truck when it was starting to get dark. Tito was trying to figure out names for Turbo and had some help from the crew as Ghost was designing his new shell. 

Bobby pulled out an old race car model. "Oh! Heck no!" 

Whiplash, Ghost, and Shadow pushed the old model off the counter as Burn, Skid, and Smoove got a model for a real Indi car. 

"Now that's more like it!" 

Paz was given Ghost's design and got to work on the shell. It was good, the structure was just like the design, but now all it needed was a paint job. 

"We got a contender, baby!" Turbo was now outside racing the cars on the highway. 

"That's my baby bro out there! Haha!" Ghost was so proud of him, and it was amazing to see. 

They drove until morning, and they were passing fields of wheat. The air was fresh as the snail crew was on the truck's hood taking in the fresh air and the sun. White-Shadow even had his tongue out and it was flapping in the wind.

"Fresh air, baby." 

"We ain't in Vanhise no more." Ghost hummed and nodded as she looked back at Chet inside, looking out the windshield. A bug made him jump and Tito activated the wipers. 

Burn was on the wipers looking at Chet every time the wipers got close.

"Hey, Chet...You're gonna be my boyfriend...Imma call you Boo!" 

Turbo went to talk to Chet and the crew started to do their own things. Smoove and Skid were inside listening to music, Shadow was probably raiding the pantry, Burn was planning her and Chet's first date. 

Ghost was on the roof, still taking in the view. "Like the view?" She turned to see Whiplash come up to her. 

"Yeah, defiantly beats the garden view." Whiplash smirked and stood next to her. "Why'd you leave in the first place?" 

She shrugged. "No one really shared the adrenaline junky nature I have, except Turbo. He gave me my nickname after he found out I'd sneak out at night to surf on the telephone wires." 

Whip shook his head. "That explains how you were so good during your first race." 

Ghost nodded. "Yeah, I also left because Chet kept trying to set me up with snails that weren't my type." 

"Really?" Whip looked at her with what looked like a raised brow. "What is your type then?" 

She thought for a second before scooching closer to him. "Leader, crazy, adventurous, just as much as an adrenaline junky as me." He scooched closer too. "Yeah?" 

Ghost hummed. "Mhm." 

"And if this snail that's your type asks you to be their girl, what'd you say?" He was testing her now. 

"Well, I'd say yes, what about you? What'd you say back?" It was Ghost's turn to test him. 

"I'd say first date's riding crows." The two leaned on each other as they watched the scenery go by. "Alright, but I drive the bird." 

Soon the truck pulled into the city and drove towards the speedway. The two going inside to join the rest of the crew as they reached the track. They all got on a tray that Bobby carried, course Turbo was still with Tito. 

Everyone looked in awe as they saw the stands, the, track and the cars. It was incredible. 

When a car passed them, Ghost recognized it as Turbo's favorite racer. Seems he recognized him too as the super snail used his gift to climb a tower to get a better view. 

The crew watched as Tito put on some fake glasses. 

Chet was the first to say something. "This is going to go well." 

Ghost looked to her brother. "Be lucky there aren't any birds around, Chet." She glared at him and then watched Tito get thrown out by security from the registration building. 

Turbo actually dragged Tito over to the track and had his own plan. But it didn't go so well as when Tito showed Turbo everyone either laughed, was in shock, or thought the man was crazy. 

"What kind of welcome is that?" Whip had a point and Ghost agreed. "They ever hear of manners?" 

Chet though had made a remark. "I'd say an appropriate welcome, given the situation." 

This just made everyone glare at him. 

Security then came and tried to get Tito out of there, and that was when Ghost smirked. She noticed Shadow was missing. 

Whiplash leaned over to Chet and smirked. "Have a nice flight, Chet." 

"Huh?" 

Ghost looked up to White-Shadow. "Hit it!" 

"White-Shadow!" The large snail jumped onto the tray, launching the snails onto the security guards and the registration guy, Whip even broke the dude's glasses. 

Ghost looked to her brother. "Get going, lil bro! It's all you!" 

Tito placed Turbo down and the snail was off like a bullet, he did four full laps and did a fancy spiral stop as they all looked to where the speeds were displayed. 

The crew was on the wall now, everyone waiting with bated breath. 

Then finally the speed was shown, 226. And everyone was celebrating. 

"Woo!" 

"226! That's fast enough to qualify!" 

Ghost seemed the happiest out of the group. "That's my baby brother! He can race in the Indi 500! Yeah!" 

Later, a video a kid shot was up all over the internet and Smoove had this amazing idea to remix it. It went so viral it was on the news, and the next day there was a meeting held to determine if Turbo can race. 

"Please say yes, please say yes." Ghost, the crew and Turbo were hoping. 

Gagne even stepped in to help convince the CEO to let Turbo race. And as the crowd was egging on it finally happened. 

"Alright! Alright!" 

"Alright, what?" 

"Your snail can compete in the Indianapolis 500." The crowd went nuts and Tito even started crying. 

Later everyone was celebrating at the truck. 

"He ain't slow no more!" Smoove and Skid started doing this small rap. "That's for sure!" 

"Shut the door!" 

"Get on the floor!" 

Ghost hugged Turbo tightly. "I'm so proud of you, lil bro!" 

"Really?" Turbo broke the hug and Ghost nodded. "Yeah! Listen, I always saw a racer in you, and always loved that even when times were hard you kept your dream. And now you're living it! Why wouldn't I be proud?"

The two siblings hugged again and then Burn came over. "Yo, Ghost, Whip just told us he asked you out." 

Ghost turned to her friend and nodded. "Yeah, he did." 

'What'd you say?" The red female was excited. "I said yes." 

Burn hugged Ghost and laughed. "We can go on double dates!" 

"Wait, wait! Whiplash and you are gonna be dating?" Turbo was wide eyed as soon as he heard that. "You never said yes to anyone." 

Ghost shrugged. "What can I say? He's my type."