𝐳𝐞𝐫𝐨.

welcome to 'ANGEL'
written by MIYAFRMDAO

recommend to read in dark mode.
viewer's discretion is advised.

chapter zero: prologue

XAVIER sat at the bar, watching those amongst him dance and rap along with the loud, rap tunes that blared from the speakers, with a blank mind. he was heavily intoxicated with tequila, which wasn't his usual, but tonight was different for him.

he had so many mixed feelings; most of what he felt was negative. after a few years of being in a relationship, he was finally a free man, which was something he had been hoping for a while, but woefully, it ended off on the negative end of things due to infidelity and overall betrayal playing a huge role.

he never knew how negatively a situation like this could affect him so heavily, but it did. it was shocking for him, especially since breaking up with someone was something he longed for. he thought that maybe it was for the better. he didn't feel like having the relationship-ending conversation anyway.

he felt eyes stare a hole into his face, making him look over to his right. sitting next to him at the bar was a woman who seemed as if she took interest in him.

the woman was drop dead gorgeous.

"whatever you're goin' through, you'll be okay." she told him, seeing the pain and sadness in his eyes, and placing a hand on his shoulder to console him.

her warm, smooth, and sultry voice ran through his ears, piercing through the harsh music that felt never ending. her glare was seductive and captivating, being something he had never experienced before. her entire demeanor gravitated the man, making him fall in love in no time.

he knew it was just the liquor influencing him and his thought process at the time though. he knew if he was sober, he wouldn't even want to look in the direction of another woman. they were trifling in his eyes.

"what's wrong?" the stranger asked him, rubbing his shoulder and he sighed, dread being evident in his body language and the huff he let out of his mouth.

"I just wanna go, man." he said, more to himself as he ran his hands through his hair in a distressed manner.

"let's get you outta here, yeah?" she suggested, and he nodded, not wanting to be I'm the building any longer.

she helped him up and grabbed a hold of his hand. she led him through the thick crowd of people, making sure to keep him close.

"you drove here?" she asked him as they kept walking, and he shook his head, letting her know that he either walked or was dropped off to the place.

the two walked towards a black vehicle, and she unlocked it with her key. they both approached the passenger side, where she helped him in and closed the door. he sort of realized what could've been going on, setting him in a state of panic.

"I aint gon' hurt ya', love." the sound of her voice immediately calmed him down and he melted into the seat, relaxing completely.