Chapter 31 - Chapter 40

Chapter 31 - I'm No Salted Fish

Li Yao cried out deep in his heart, "this is bad". Internally, he asked himself how could he ever take the cruel tempering training of an ancient cultivator guild from 40,000 years ago to be the norm.

He had to keep in mind that in the dream of grandeur, the hundred smelting guild had several hundred low-level workers who were unable to endure the torment and died, crossing over to the afterlife.

The Hundred Smelting Guild was one of the more lenient and benevolent among the major ancient guilds. Several thousands of people would die each year if it were one of the harsher guilds. The Hundred Smelting Guild's training could be considered a trifling matter.

Needless to say, in regards to the demonic cultivator guilds, the creation of each strong individual came with it, the sacrifice of ten-thousand weaklings.

The Ancient Cultivation Civilization was this ruthless.

"Hic. Teacher Sun, I took a good look at it again. Your infernal special training program of death truly comes from the depths of hell. It's super deadly and super terrifying~ I'm so scared that I won't be able to finish it!" Li Yao spoke tongue in cheek.

BoxNovel.com

As an old man, Sun Biao was very much experienced. How could he not see that Li Yao was putting on a show? He was agitated into rage. With a sneer, he said, "Okay, kid. No need to shoot off talking big. Change into training clothes. First, try it out by doing 10 sets of squats."

Sun Biao got up. He felt out a set of training clothes that had an utterly old-fashioned design from the dust-packed corner of the cultivation field. He tossed it over towards Li Yao.

"Squats? My favorite!" Li Yao warmed up for a bit. He took off his school uniform, changing it for the dust-smelling, old-fashioned training clothes. His eyes gave off a glow as he giggled and spoke.

His current strength was bizarre and astonishing, so what he was least fearful of was squats, bench, and other strength training exercises. In just a moment, when he shows his maximum strength, he will certainly cause the old fogey to have eyes bulging from their sockets!

He walked up to the rusted squat rack and thought for a moment. He flung out two iron plates from the mound of Olympic plates and ferociously pounded them onto the bar.

The squatting weight was... 300 kg!

"Indeed, 200kg of weight is too light. It wouldn't have any effect on tempering my body. I often use 300 kg as a warm up so I'm used to it. It won't be a problem right, Teacher Sun?" Li Yao clashed a light laugh with Sun Biao, exposing his snow-white teeth.

"Of course, it's fine. I'm just scared that you might regret it later~" Sun Biao also gave a laugh, exposing tawny teeth.

"It's no more than 300 kg. Twenty sets can be done by a single breath. What's there to regret from?" Li Yao spat some saliva into his palms and rubbed his hands together to a burning hot state. He grabbed the bar with a death grip and lifted it onto his solid traps. Suddenly, power was sent through his pair of feet as he lifted the weight up. Then...

He felt his body tighten up. The training clothes, which were originally loose, seemed to awaken with a life of its own, suddenly contracting and transforming into a layer of tenacious leather. It bound him completely!

At the same time, an absolutely powerful bizarre strength exploded down, like a giant mountain striking down and smashing his skull. Suddenly, he was smashed to the ground!

"I forgot to mention, small bastard. This set of training clothes was an artifact that I used for training a dozen years ago. I call it 'Give Up'. It possesses many magical abilities. The first of which is the ability to create a gravitational field. Wearing these clothes is like wearing a several hundred pound set of armor. Let's see, right now you're bearing 200 kilograms of weight on your body!" laughed Sun Biao nastily.