Chapter 1361 - 1380

Chapter 1361 - Night Assault!

His words swept across all the barbarian Cultivators' heart like a hurricane.

Their greed for the treasures and excitement about the official posts entirely vanished. All the barbarian Cultivators were dumbfounded, as if they had been struck by lightning.

Attack Huo Wujiu at night!

Kill all of the Ghost Qin people!

That—that must be a joke!

Li Yao, however, was applauding in his heart.

So, that was the real plan!

Ling Shoujing had intentionally declared in public during the day that he would decree Huo Wuji the 'Chieftain of the South Land' on behalf of the emperor tomorrow.

Then, he threw a party at night, where everybody enjoyed themselves, and announced, as if it were real, that a test would be held in the next three days to select qualified warriors.

Everything that he did was a trick to fool the enemy into thinking that he truly meant to fight the Ghost Qin people in the Hundred Victories Great Arena.

But in fact, he had never intended to play a game in any arena since the very beginning.

The Appeasing Ambassador of the Fifth Prefecture of the South Land of Sorcerers had one and only one idea, which was to execute the barbarians and the hostile soldiers who defied the emperor's will and settle everything cleanly once and for all!

Li Yao could feel the determination and domination of the central dynasty from Ling Shoujing's decision.

That was the right thing to do. How could an affair of national importance be decided in the arena? And not just one game in the arena but more than a hundred in a row? Only psychos would do such a thing!

Li Yao's estimation on the intelligence of the leadership of the Ancient Sages Sector was more or less improved.

The real barbarian Cultivators, however, were thinking otherwise. Many of them grew anxious after a brief silence.

"Well—"

"For hundreds of years, it has been a tradition in the South Land of Sorcerers to settle scores through the Hundred Victories Great Arena. It might pass if neither party agreed to resolve their conflict through the Hundred Victories Great Arena, but now that the agreement has been made, it does not seem appropriate to assault before the game starts, does it?"

"We are going to be punished by the ghosts who were killed on the Hundred Victories Great Arena!"

"Master Black Moon is the host of the Hundred Victories Great Arena this time. The two brothers of the Huo family only reached a truce for his sake. How do we explain it to Master Black Moon if we launch a reckless assault?"

Everybody's opinion differed, but the general idea was that they were not afraid of the tough soldiers from Ghost Qin but the wrath of Master Black Moon.

The peace negotiation was conducted because of Master Black Moon's facilitation. If the Great Qian Dynasty was going to break the truce and assault the other side, how would Master Black Moon feel?

The wrath of a Nascent Soul Stage Cultivator was never to be underestimated. Maybe, Ling Shoujing would be able to resist it with his identity as the emperor's envoy of the Great Qian Dynasty. However, the barbarian Cultivators locally born and raised could never bear the consequences of slapping Master Black Moon's face blatantly like that.

Ling Shoujing smiled confidently and clapped his hands. Two people walked into the tent from the back.

The first guy was Huo Wuji, the leader of barbarians who was close to the Great Qian Dynasty.