Chapter 45 - Stigmata

On this earth,
The phenomenon known as The Honkai occurs periodically throughout the history. To exterminate Humanity, The Honkai brings about natural disasters and causes widespread epidemics.Honkai Beasts that are born from the Honkai possess immense strength and feast on humans.

Humanity was unable to defy the will of the gods.

Or so that was until The Honkai antibody that had a 1% percent chance of manifesting appeared on a maidens body. For the rare maidens who possessed the antibody, the antibody itself would take on the shape of unique markings on their skin. Thus, people call them 'Stigma'.

These stigma allows maidens to control the power of the Honkai. But, the Houkai Energy might infect their minds at any time.

The Xuanyuan Sword, the holy weapons that was bestowed upon Humankind by the gods. It had the power to dispel evil and protect Humankind. The people of Shenzhou viewed it as a sacred treasure. But when the monsters of Jiuling invaded, the Xuanyuan Sword was unable to save them.

The clan elder was unable to unleash the sword the sword's power and gave it to his daughter, Ji Xuanyuan, as she fled all alone. Xuanyuan had to accept the fate of her people at the hands of the Honkai.

Years passed since the last time she escaped alone, the journey she went on was an extraordinary one though she would forever hold the regret in her heart for not being able to save her people. But there is one thing that will remain in her memory as one day, she comes across something or rather a very powerful source of energy...

Not many people know about it and only a few  because it is hidden in the deepest part of the Earth's core, it is the energy that holds the power of every single existence, the power that is basically the whole concept of nature itself, the power that if one were to holds it, then the victory of Humanity against The Honkai is very much guaranteed. However, throughout the history of not only the Humankind but the entire multiverse and every existence that exists outside of it..

None of them could even come close to grab a hold of that power and in the end it became something of a legend as it would be known as,

The Core Of Serenity.

-----

[St Freya Academy Dean's Office]

"..." Theresa Apocalypse had a serious expression on her face with a scroll in her hand, it had been a long time since she was this serious. As it turns out, the scroll that is in her hand is a very important and sacred treasure.

The door to her office then opened to reveal Murata Himeko in the clothes she usually wore during her teaching hours, even though her class had ended three hours ago she still hadn't bothered to even changed her clothes. "You called for me Theresa?"

"Took you long enough, you were half an hour late Major Himeko." Theresa crossed both of her arms together as she stared at the red haired Valkyrie standing in front of her desk.

"Yeah I'm sorry about that, had something to do for awhile."

"I sure hope it's not you and your drinking habits again." Theresa sighed, it was no secret at this point that Himeko loved to drink like it was her hobby. Quickly Theresa shook her head as she intended to change the subject. "Anyway, back to the reason why I called you here."

Himeko stand up straight and her expression becomes serious, the same goes for Theresa who lean in her head using both of her hands on her desks. "You are aware that the process of creating Valkyries is not perfect, and not to mention it greatly shorten one's lifespans as a results."

Like what was told earlier, a Stigma only has a 1% chance of manifesting. In order to fight back against the Honkai, Shicksal obtain a sample of Honkai antibody from the Kaslana and the Schariac families.