Chapter 48 - St Freya Invasion (1)

"I'm sorry Theresa..." Murata Himeko's head slowly fell to the ground in regret, her eyes holding back the tears that were trying to escape. "I wasn't able to save him."

In Hyperion's medical room, Wan was seen lying on the bed with his pulse no longer beating. A few hours before, they had tried to wake him up using various methods but none of them succeeded until they finally concluded that Wan had really died.

Theresa sighed and slowly covered the young man's whole body with the blanket, surprisingly no tears came out of her eyes. "I understand, from what I've heard it's not your fault Himeko."

"It's definitely my faul-"

"I've seen it Himeko!" Theresa raised her voice as she turned to face Himeko, making Himeko flinch at the change in tone coming from her. "I've seen it with my own eyes from the simulation training on that day just what how Wan operate and honestly.."

She smiled a little and turned back to Wan, her hand slowly going to the top of his chest as she stroked it gently with her tiny hand. "I'm not surprised he would do something like this..."

Her eyes went soft but the eyes that didn't show any signs of tears earlier were now trying to fight back against the tears. Theresa's lips moved slowly as she whispered softly.

"In the end.. he do takes a lot after his father.."

"What was that?"

Theresa immediately wiped away her tears before turning back to Himeko again. "No-nothing! I was definitely not crying! Yeah.."

It was pretty obvious that she was wiping her tears, even Himeko could see it from behind. But Himeko didn't find it necessary to poke her or tease her about the fact that she was crying because she was doing the exact same thing like her.

To say that she's in regret isn't enough to describe how she feels right now. She was now constantly thinking deeply about how there had to be another way than just killing Wan but even if she found it, it would be too late.. way too late.

"I know you said it's not my fault but again.." Himeko slowly bowed in front of Theresa, she didn't know why she apologized to Theresa out of all people but her heart told her that Theresa was the most important person she should apologize to about this. "I'm sorry."

Theresa smiled lightly and nod her head. "Well if you're so insistent.. I accept your apology.."

That certainly helped Himeko feel some relief but it still wasn't enough to fill the hole in her heart especially after seeing her own student's death right before her very eyes. Murata Himeko clenched her fists and stared intently at Wan's lifeless body covered with blankets.

"I vowed.. from today on.." Himeko's tone changed to something more serious and it caught Theresa's attention. "I won't let any of my students die.. I'll do ANYTHING, for them."

She would not let her failure today get to her other students. Kiana, Mei, Bronya, and Hana.. she wouldn't let any of them suffer the effects of her failure like Wan did.

"I understand your dedication but.." Theresa chuckled and lightly patted the redheaded Valkyrie on the thigh, if she was a little taller then she would have patted her shoulder but since she was short she only went as far as her hands could reach.

A worried expression appeared on her face as she stared at Himeko. "Don't be the one that ended up dying next."

"What kind of woman do you take me for?"

"Of course, you are Murata Himeko am I right?" A soft laugh escaped Theresa's lips. "You won't die that easily, how could I forget."

Her laughter soon subsided and they both looked at Wan again, they would have to perform a funeral for him once they landed on St Freya. Not to mention, how are they going to give this news to his grandfather?