Chapter 61 - Landing

In light of the unexpected incident involving the disappearance of Mizunoki Shinobu, Theresa Apocalypse, under the guidance of Otto Apocalypse, had ordered Murata Himeko to lead her squad, including Wan and Hana, to Malaysia in order to follow the clues Noah had left behind.

Theresa was initially not inclined to support the idea, especially since the transportation of the Hyperion along with others were all damaged by a mysterious individual, who they suspected to be Noah himself. Despite the risks associated with it, The Principal was compelled to follow Otto's instruction to permit the group's departure to Malaysia.

But with their easy transportation out of the way,  the group was left with no other option except to take public transportation, thus they ended up at the airport, waiting for their flight to arrive for about an hour now.

"Be careful, okay? It's quite risky out there, especially since you're traveling on public transportation," the familiar voice of Theresa rang in Wan's old phone. Despite arriving at the airport hours ago, Theresa couldn't resist calling Wan twice every six minutes to confirm he was doing fine. She was worried about him, worried as if he were her little son who had gone out by himself for the first time. "It's your first time traveling to another country, right? Have you prepared yourself? Will you be okay?"

Before Theresa could proceed, Hoshino Wan spoke up quickly and assured her that everything would turn out fine. "Don't worry, Principal. I am fully prepared for anything and I'm certain that everything will go as planned." he assured her with a soft confident smile behind the phone.

"But still-.."

The fact that Theresa was so worried for his well-being filled Wan with warm feelings of appreciation. She had always treated him with kindness, and her concern for him now was truly sweet. "Principal, you trust me, don't you?"

Theresa fell silent for a moment, taking a breath before finally speaking. "I know I've been overly protective of you. I'm sorry," she said softly. "But you do know I cares a lot about you right?"

"I know Principal," Wan replied in a similarly gentle tone. "I promise to always take care of myself."

"I forgot how much you have grown it actually will made me burst into tears at any moment." The little principal chuckled lightly. "Remember to call me once you arrived safely on Malaysia."

"Okay." The boy answered with a simple word. Suddenly, something struck his mind and he quickly try to asks Theresa about it. "How much I have grown? Principal what do you mean by that-"

Call Ended.

"Principal? Hello?" He noticed the sound of the call ending, and when he stared at his phone screen, he couldn't help but let out a sigh of , the call end as he expected. "Odd..." He muttered to himself.

Wan always thought Theresa's way of speaking to him was unusual but he appreciated the affection she gave him. Despite finding her behavior somewhat awkward at times, he couldn't deny that she has shown many times that she cares a lot about him.

Wan quickly dismissed it as not worth ruminating about, for he was faced with a much more challenging and important mission. He swiftly tapped the 'home' button on his phone and his wallpaper, which used to feature a photo of Kiana, had changed into one that showed himself, Kiana, Mei, Bronya, and Hana all together in a single frame. It was a photo his grandfather had taken a day prior during his surprise birthday party.

Which suddenly brings to his mind the fact that his beloved grandfather is currently laid up in the hospital, fighting for his life.

"Gramps," he whispered to himself, squeezing his phone tightly in his hand and shutting it off before slipping it back into his bag. Wan let out a deep sigh, leaning back in his chair as he waited for the gate to his flight to open, which it would do in just a few minutes.