CHAPTER 13

'Yeh sab kya hai..?' Kavin thought when he saw the pictures of him all over the room. He was flabbergasted seeing his pictures that too along with the dates on the photos.

'Yeh sab dekh ke lag raha hai ki Purvi ki jaan mere wajah se khatre mei hai.. Yeh zaroor meri koi pagal deewani ki hai jo mujhe hadh se zyada chahti hai.. Koi baat nahi, mai iski pagalpan ka jawaab achchhe se dunga..' Kavin thought.

Kavin checked the bedroom and he found Purvi's pictures too. He found a receipt that belongs to a hospital and it belongs to Purvi.

'Purvi ka receipt aur vo bhi hospital ka..?' He thought. He then checked the room without leaving a single paper. He came up empty, which made him miff.

Kavin turned and he saw Purvi behind. He, for a second, thought he was dreaming but then he realised he wasn't.

'Purvi..?' Kavin called her, she gave a smirk and then looked at him. She locked the door and pushed him on to the bed.

'Tum yaha..?' Kavin asked. She came on top of him. He held her through her waist and she looked into his eyes. He also stared into her eyes but this time, her eyes said some untold words to him. He pressed her waist as he was afraid that she will leave him.

'Purvi mai.. Mai ne jo bhi kiya vo sab..' Kavin said.

'Kyunki aap selfish hai..' She said. He cupped her cheek with his other hand.

'Nahi.. Mai.. Mai tumhe bachana chahta tha..' Kavin said and then he felt something wrong with her cheek.

He understood that she is not Purvi in real. Someone placed a mask and he misunderstood her as Purvi. So he pushed her aside and got up.

'Kaun ho tum..?' Kavin asked but then he fell unconscious.

He opened his eyes and he was bewildered seeing the situation in front of him. He saw a man lying on the ground in a pool of blood. He was frightened when he saw blood on his shirt  and a knife in his hand.

He went near the man and turned him and he was terrified to see Karan lying on the floor. He took his steps back and he turned back and saw Purvi there. He thought she was the one with mask, so he was about to yell but he went speechless when she saw Karan and then at him and went speechless making him aware that he is his wife, not the one with the mask.

'Pu--Purvi..?' Kavin called her and she called the cops. Kavin took the phone and he asked her to stop.

'Purvi pehle meri baat suno.. Mai.. Maine Karan ka khoon nahi kiya hai.. Mujhe fasaya gaya hai.. Mai yaha kaise aaya yeh mai khud nahi jaanta.. Mai ghar lauta aur vaha maine ek letter dekha aur mai Juhu beach ke paas ek bandh pada factories ke peeche jo farmhouses hai unmei gaya aur phir..' Kavin said but a police officer handcuffed him.

'Ab aage jo bhi kehna hai aap humse kahiye.. Aur chaliye..' The police officer dragged Kavin to the police station. Kavin felt insulted seeing handcuffs on his hands. Purvi was not even listening to him. The police officer called the CID team.

Kavin then narrated whatever happened to CID team. They asked him to hand over the letter to them. Kavin checked his pockets but he didn't find the letter. Pradyuman came infront of Kavin.

'Kavin, mai jaanta hu ki tumne yeh khoon nahi kiya, lekin tum khud jaante ho ki adalat mei saboot chahiye, isliye hum par bharosa rakho aur jail mei raho..' Pradyuman said.

Kavin didn't want to but he didn't have any other choice, so he agreed and sat there. The cops just got the address and they went to the farmhouse. They saw Purvi standing outside the farmhouse lost in her own thoughts.

'Pari..?' Pradyuman got emotional seeing his daughter.

'Mai bas yeh dekhne aayi thi ki vo letter isi farm house mei kahi gir toh nahi gaya..' Purvi informed the CID team.

'Tho tum andar kyun nahi gayi..?' Abhijeet questioned her.

'Kyunki mai cop nahi ek Doctor hu..' Purvi replied.

'Chalo hamare saath..' Daya said and they all went inside along with that police officer.

The team didn't find any clue as Kavin narrated them, so they came out.

'Ek min Naresh ji (police officer), yeh dekhiye yeh shell.. Kavin ne hume bataya na ki vo isi ghar mei aaya, ho sakta hai ki vo ladki ne is time mei sab hata diya ho, lekin yeh shell vo chahkar bhi nahi utha sakti.. Isse saaf hai ki Kavin sach keh raha hai..' Abhijeet said.

'Abhijeet sir, kehne ke liye yeh bhi ho sakta hai ki Kavin ka yeh koi plan ho hume gumraah karne ka..' Naresh said.

'Mrs. Khanna, hume aapse puchtach karna hai.. Aap police station chaliye please..' Naresh added and took Purvi to the police station.

'Kabhi sapne mei bhi nahi socha tha ki meri beti ko ek din mere saamne hi police ki gaadi mei bitake le jaayenge..' Pradyuman thought.

'Sir, please gaadi rokiye na ek min..' Purvi said while Naresh stopped the car.

She quickly got down from the car and took a taxi and went to the bureau. She waited for Pradyuman to come there but before the team, Naresh came to bureau.

'Maine tumhe bureau aane ke liye nahi balki police station aane ko kaha..' Naresh said.

'Aapko jo bhi puchna hai yahi puchiye..' Purvi replied.

'Record kaha se karu mai aapka alibi ko..?' Naresh asked.

'Aapka phone hai, mera phone hai aur CID bureau mei toh alibi record karne mei instrument hoga hi..' Purvi said.

'Mrs. Khanna, please don't waste my time.. Mai bureau mei ACP sir ke permission ke bina kaise unke instruments ko use kar sakta hu..? Aur abhi yaha koi hai nahi toh chaliye mere saath police station..' Naresh said.

'Mai..' Purvi said but she stopped when she saw the team entering inside.

'Lo aa gaya CID team toh aap permission maang sakte hai..' Purvi said.

Abhijeet questioned Purvi about what she is talking and Purvi told him about the instrument and the team gave permission to Naresh while he was pissed off.