CHAPTER 22

Kavin lifted Purvi in his arms and took her to the hospital as soon as possible. The doctor checked her and did an operation removing the bullet. The doctor came out.

'Doctor..'

'She is out of danger but..'

'But kya doctor..?'

'Aap unke husband hai na..?'

'Ji..'

'I am sorry to say but she can't conceive anymore. Her uterus got damaged..' Kavin went speechless. No one was present there to console him at that time as the team was busy interrogating the lady.

'I am sorry..' The doctor left.

'Maine apne haathon se Purvi ki saari khushiyan cheen liya.. Mai.. Mere wajah se, sirf aur sirf mere kaaran vo conceive nahi kar sakti.. Maine usse.. Usse maa ban ne ka haq cheen liya..?' Kavin looked at his own hands.

His hands were shivering, it was not a less shock for him. His mind asked him many questions. How will he face her now ? Face her..? Wait.. Can he face her after what he did ? Does he even have the courage to do so ? He saw his image infront of him.

'Waah Kavin.. You did a marvelous job by shooting your own wife, your own love, killing all her happiness, you don't deserve her.. You... You say you love her..? Is this how you love..? Kavin, you are selfish.. You just think about yourself, others feelings doesn't matter to you.. You married her, yet kept the distance till now, taking away all her time, all her dreams she had and wanted to do with her husband..'

'She had a great life, had she been married to another guy, fulfilling all her dreams, had been a mother to a kid now or may be 2 kids, spending time with them, enjoying her life to the fullest. But you... You stole her happiness, her everything, gave her pain for the past 8 years.. Now you deserve to suffer... That too great pain... A pain that makes you wish for death... Suffer for her.... Your entire life.... Just go crazy in her love as much as you want but the pain you gave her will remind you that you can't face her, have her in your life... All the best, enjoy your suffering till your last breath..'

His image vanished into thin air. He knew it was his anger which he had on himself for doing such a misdeed, such a sin, that came out in his image form, his inner voice. Kavin saw her on the bed, may be for the last time ever. He couldn't believe himself, his destiny.

He was appalled with his deed and his destiny. 

"I deserve the suffering till eternity.."

He just walked out, came to his home, went inside his room and just sat in the darkness.  He locked himself inside. Shalini, Kavin's mom looked at him and called Priya and asked the matter.

Priya told him that she will come home and tell her everything. The team came to Kavin's house, Raj, Pradyuman went to the hospital. Priya informed her mother of everything and then they looked at the room. They thought he would come out at night but no, days passed by, he didn't come to eat or drink anything. 

After 3 days, the team was in great dismay hearing the news that Purvi can't conceive anymore as she was shot. Priya went near Kavin but he didn't respond. Raj took her outside. 

'Mai Kavin ko aise nahi dekh sakti Raj.. Mai maanti hu ki Kavin ko goli nahi chalana chahiye tha Purvi pe but vo ladki.. Purvi use bachane bich mei kyu aayi..?'

'Hume yeh case solve karna chahiye Priya.. Mom, aap please Kavin ka khyaal rakhiye..' Raj said.

'Raj.. Mai.. Mai nahi aaungi.. Mujhse nahi hoga Kavin ko aise dekhna..'

'Tumhe kya lagta hai Priya, Pari ko aise bed pe dekh ke mujhe acha lagta hai..? Mere liye bhi mushkil hai.. Lekin Pari ki jaan ko khatra hai abhi bhi.. Aur Kavin.. Usko akele chod do, khud bahar aayega..' Raj said.

Having no choice, Priya went with them. The eye gang trapped the officers with a duplicate case and held them as hostage. Now the whole city is under threat. The police were also held as hostages with different duplicate cases at a time.  Karan went on a mission.

Kavin heard the news and reached the bureau. He came to his desk, saw his gun, he was about to touch that when he got a flashback of shooting his wife. He took a back step.

'Nahi, mujhse nahi hoga.. I.. I can't..'

The news repeatedly telecasted about Mumbai being under threat. Kavin looked at his gun and the television one by one as he is at cross path in his life.

______________________________________

A/N : I know it's a very short chapter, but cliff hanger aaya guys, I couldn't help. So guess karo ki Kavin kya karega..?

Ek taraf Mumbai aur dusri taraf uska apna life, apne fears.. How will he handle these ? Ya fir Mumbai destroy ho jaayega..? Kya hoga aage ? Mumbai bachega ya dub jaayega..? Ya fir hoga kuch CID team se..? Socho socho..